Nurses as well as Nursing Students must understand reference values, procedures, and clinical implications for both common and uncommon laboratory tests. A Manual of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests
will help you understand the rationale behind the ordered diagnostic lab, the laboratory values and what they mean for the overall care planning process of your patients.
The sixteen chapters of this book are packed with practical application for laboratory and diagnostic values. You will not want to leave this book at home during clinical or work days.
Frances Fischbach, RN, BSN, MSN and Marshall B. Dunning III, BS, MS, PhD
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Diagnostic Testing
- Chapter 2: Blood Studies: Hematology and Coagulation
- Chapter 3: Urine Studies
- Chapter 4: Stool Studies
- Chapter 5: Cerebrospinal Fluid Studies
- Chapter 6: Chemistry Studies
- Chapter 7: Microbiologic Studies
- Chapter 8: Immunodiagnostic Studies
- Chapter 9: Nuclear Medicine Studies
- Chapter 10: X-Ray Studies
- Chapter 11: Cytologic, Histologic, and Genetic Studies
- Chapter 12: Endoscopic Studies
- Chapter 13: Ultrasound Studies
- Chapter 14: Pulmonary Function/Arterial Blood Gases, and Electrolyte Studies
- Chapter 15: Prenatal Diagnosis and Tests of Fetal Well-Being
- Chapter 16: Special Diagnostic, Special Specimen Collection, and Postmortem Studies
Nursing Students will find this book as a necessity. But, do not be fooled that only students need a comprehensive laboratory reference book. Even the most seasoned Nurse will find value in this book.
Whether you need to have a better understanding of basic laboratory tests or are unfamiliar with a rare test, this book will likely have what you need. And, because each chapter covers a different type of testing, you can easily find the information you need when time is of the essence.
- 1344 pages
- Publisher: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, 9th edition
- Publication Date: February 4, 2014
- Dimensions: 6 x 1.2 x 9
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1451190891
- ISBN-13: 978-1451190892
Paperback and Kindle
Amazon offers sales as well as the option to purchase used versions of the book.
- Paperback: $66.99
- Kindle: $21.35
What is in the Box
A Manual of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests (Paperback and/or Kindle as ordered)
Edited by Joe V