Ossur Cold Rush Compact System
The Ossur Cold Rush Compact System is whisper-quiet, convenient, and very easy to use when you need cold therapy to reduce pain and/or speed up the healing process after certain surgical procedures.
Avg Rating: 4.3
- Shop Now! »
Those who recently have undergone orthopedic surgery will find the Ossur Cold Rush Compact system to completely transform their recovery process. Cold Rush Compact is designed to cool the knee or shoulder postoperatively in order to reduce pain and speed up the healing process. The Ossur website describes the product as a class 2 Medical Device according to the FDA. This means the device must be prescribed by a physician for the patient to use.
What can the Ossur Cold Rush Compact System do?
- Soothing treatment for postoperative pain
- Decreases swelling
- Speeds recovery process and decreases pain
- Industry leading ice to water ratio that produces better cooling times
- Extremely quiet operation
- Provides pain relief for up to 6 continuous hours
The age-old idea of icing your joint pains is brought to near perfection in the Cold Rush Compact cold therapy system. By decreasing swelling, the device is helpful in soothing the treatment process for postoperative orthopedic pain, making it ideal for anyone who is going through a recovery process. It also improves joint function, allowing faster return of mobility.
Its compact and lightweight design makes the Cold Rush Compact System not only portable, but convenient to use almost anywhere.
This cold therapy device comes with an industry leading ice to water ratio, creating better cooling times than competitor devices. Water is pumped out of the large compartment flowing into the pad. The patient then waits about 10 minutes for the pad to fill and begin to freeze. Unlike the use of simple ice packs, the Cold Rush Compact System flexible pad wraps around the patient's shoulder, knee, or other postoperative site requiring cold therapy as recommended by a physician, providing a full cooling process and pain relief for up to 6 hours.
Cold Rush Compact is also extremely quiet, but efficient with its small motor. You will not need to worry about waking up others who are sleeping if you are using the device in your home or clinic.
How to Use
Please refer to the manufacturer’s website for complete directions.
(Refer to manufacturer's website for complete list)
Should not be used on individuals with the following conditions:
- History of adverse reactions to cold therapy
- Unconsciousness or incoherence due to general anesthesia, sedation or coma
- Impairment of circulation or potential impairment of healing in the treatment area, including infection
- Circulatory disease, including Raynaud’s disease, Burger.s disease, peripheral vascular disease, vasospastic disorders, sickle cell anemia, or hypercoagulable clotting disorders
- Polyneuropathy or other nerve disorders
- The Cold Rush Pad should never make direct contact with the skin. An insulation barrier between the pad and the skin should be used at all times without exception in accordance with instructions from the physician so as to prevent the skin from becoming too cold.
- Skin must be checked every 1-2 hours
Frequently Asked Questions
Dimensions: 18" x 10” x 12"
Weight: 4.6 lbs
Amazon (with knee pad) $129.40
Amazon (with small shoulder pad) $164.96
Amazon (with large shoulder pad) $192.16
Össur warrants, to the original purchaser, that this product is free from defects in materials and workmanship for six: 6 months from initial purchase. This warranty does not apply if this product: 1 was not purchased from Össur or its authorized dealer: 2 has been altered in any
way, or: 3 has not been used in accordance with Össur’s Instructions For Use (IFU). This Limited Warranty does not cover damage due to accidents, neglect, misuse, or operation beyond capacity, parts damaged by improper installation, substitution of parts not approved by Össur, or any other alteration or repair by others that, in Össur’s judgment, materially or adversely affects the product or part.
Disclosure: We strive to provide accurate information, but we make no guarantees about the information. By using this page you agree to our Product Directory Disclaimer If you see something wrong please Send Us a Message. If you would like to add your product please submit a request via our Product Directory Request form.