i'm posting some links for you to explore that have information about nursing. i've also included two links to lists of rn and lpn nursing schools in maine from the maine board of nursing. your best bet is to contact the school(s) of nursing you are interested in attending. most schools have websites these days. each school has different admission requirements so it's important that you have an idea of what school you want to attend and check to see what they require in order to be accepted in their nursing program. the schools counseling departments should also be able to give you information about the sat and act tests and if they are required for entrance into their colleges. i'm giving you a link to the company that writes the sat test. you should be able to find a website for the act test by doing a search on the internet.
you might also want to look at the cna - nursing assistant discussions forum on allnurses at this link https://allnurses.com/forums/f265/
welcome to allnurses!
- rn programs
- lpn programs
- information on nursing assistants (cna) from the u.s. department of labor
- about registered nursing from the u.s. department of labor
- about lpn nursing from the u.s. department of labor
- "thinking about nursing school? consider your many options" from the college board. you can also move around to other areas on this large site to get information about the sat and clep exams. there is also information on this site on applying to college.
- about the sat
- "before you decide to become a nurse". things to consider about being a nurse. lots of links to information about what skills you need to become a nurse. and, what if you're really bad at math and science is discussed.
- "nursing is not for everyone". this is a very down to earth and honest article that broadly discusses what a nurse does and what you can expect on the job as a nurse.
- "nurses skills transfer to other professions". a list of 8 basic job skills that nurses are able to perform making them desirable for hire in many other professions.
nurse exam prep info
- information on the various pre-nursing exams that some nursing schools require you to take as part of their decision to admit you to their nursing school