help me decide which route to take

  1. Hello Everyone,

    I'm finishing Microbiology and A&P 2 by mid December and already have a B.A. degree in another profession (Information Systems). I will be applying to two nursing schools with hopes of getting accepted for Fall 2019.
    Should I play it safe and apply to my local community college for an ADN? This would be a fall back plan just in case the two Universities don't accept me. I'm afraid of being in a waiting pattern and want to have a plan B.
    Moneys tight and I'm hoping to stay in my home state which is why I will be applying to two Universities, however I can add my local community college to the list. Am I wasting more time going for the ADN with the possibility that the hospital would cover the BSN?
    All input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  2. Visit zachi profile page

    About zachi

    Joined: Nov '18; Posts: 1

    2 Comments

  3. by   Etak
    Depending on the impaction in your area, I'd apply to all choices. It's easier to turn down the lesser choice than wait until deadline passes and realize it was a mistake not to apply.
  4. by   HalfBoiled
    Apply to all you can. I took student loans because of job stability.

close