Jump to content
What’s your favorite allnurses.com feature? Read more... ×
mario_ragucci mario_ragucci (Member)

Overcoming for Mario

Nurses   (8,600 Views 73 Comments)
7,955 Visitors; 1,041 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.
advertisement

You are reading page 4 of Overcoming for Mario. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

Originally posted by BMS4

I agree.

 

it doesn't sound like you have taken responsibility for your actions. You continue to blame someone else.

 

I wish only the best for you. Good luck.

No, you got that wrong. See, I am not denying anything. I'm just getting back into the change mode and want to release negative feelings. It don't matter now because I have to get back into nursing school again. It's similar to the feeling of finding a job when there is no jobs...when you are unsure of yourself.

I ain't denying that I did make errors, but it was harsh to extend punishment. Okay, if you put other students in my clinical predicament with the same instructor, maybe then.

But hey, others have had bad nursing experiences, and surely the entire universe is full of greater and lesser energies we can run into as we all pass through time together. Now I know. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by mario_ragucci

I ain't denying that I did make errors, but it was harsh to extend punishment.

Mario, I recommend you look into a different career path. You failed to hand in required papers on time. You failed to follow procedure and administered a narcotic to a patient without your instructor's physical presence. You flunked out of nursing school because of your actions (of lack of) and it was not harsh of your clinical instructor to "extend punishment." Honestly, you would not make it through the orientation period on my unit -- if you did not get your paperwork done & did not follow hospital procedure regarding medication administration -- you'd be gone.

You are very enthusiastic and want to make a difference. I'd suggest meeting with a career counselor to look into other careers. Whether in nursing or real life, Mario, you need to move on and let things go. The world is not out to get you. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

---I ain't denying that I did make errors, but it was harsh to extend punishment.---

See, Mario, that is what I am talking about. You admit that you made a mistake, yet still cannot admit that it was YOUR fault that you failed. I believe that THAT is what everyone here is trying to get you to see.

Try repeating after me: I screwed up. *I* failed. It was MY fault. *I* am the only one to blame. My instructors were only doing their jobs in failing me for something that was MY FAULT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All right. It is not my intent to whine, and I just want to show my face here again and continue to learn and interact on the boards here. You ALL have helped me learn more about myself, and I will show you one day by letting you know I passed NCLEX after two years of nursing school.

Over this week and next I will be starting folders on all the schools I contact and apply and start honning my presentation skills again. Time to negotiate a long range hopeful calander. Explaining my intentions is easy; i am just not sure what to say to new schools when I say I was failed in clinical during the 2nd semester. What can I say? I admit to what I did and didn't do. It's not like a wasn't trying to learn to be a nurse.

What can I tell new schools? I HATE whining, but how can I communicate what happened quickly? What do I say? Should I frown? Nothing to it but to do it. Thank you for the words and spirit! No worries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell them the TRUTH and JUST HOW YOU HAVE CHANGED your ways so it does not happen again. What else CAN you say? You are man who takes responsibility for his own actions and have learned and moved on. THAT is what you tell them, if indeed it is what you believe. Be honest but have a PLAN!!!! I agree with others; without accountability, you cannot be an effective nurse. You are the captain of your own ship and it's up to you not to drown in a sea of self-pity and despair. MOVE ON.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by mario_ragucci

All right. It is not my intent to whine, and I just want to show my face here again and continue to learn and interact on the boards here. You ALL have helped me learn more about myself, and I will show you one day by letting you know I passed NCLEX after two years of nursing school.

 

Over this week and next I will be starting folders on all the schools I contact and apply and start honning my presentation skills again. Time to negotiate a long range hopeful calander. Explaining my intentions is easy; i am just not sure what to say to new schools when I say I was failed in clinical during the 2nd semester. What can I say? I admit to what I did and didn't do. It's not like a wasn't trying to learn to be a nurse.

 

What can I tell new schools? I HATE whining, but how can I communicate what happened quickly? What do I say? Should I frown? Nothing to it but to do it. Thank you for the words and spirit! No worries.

If you go to interview and say your "poor me, the instructors was out to get me. All I did was neglect to pass in required work on time and pass percocet without my instructor" like you say everytime you start in on this board -yet again-- you may as well forget about nursing school. They'll see you have learned nothing and with the competition to get in to programs today you will be at the bottom of the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
advertisement

Thanks to furball, mattigan, lausana, shandy, susanmary, and hardknox for saying EXACTLY what I have been thinking. It seems that the lack of personal responsibility that is so rampant in society of late has made it in FULL FORCE to allnurses.

Mario---STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND BE A MAN!! I, for one, am tired of listening to you say that you were failed by someone else. No matter how you phrase it, YOU are responsible for failing nursing school. YOU KNEW the rules, and YOU KNEW if you broke them, there would be consequences. PLEASE, for the love of pete, STOP trying to get around it by making excuses. 'Nuf said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read the post and was planning on posting the same exact thing as the last page of posters. As an outsider (newbie) looking in, it seems as though you have not taken responsibility for your actions and seem quick to blame others.

If you become an RN, there is no blame onto others. You take responsibility for your patients and their welfare. You seem to have wanted to take on the nursing role before you were properly educated to do so.

I used to be an instructor, and I would have failed you in a New York minute. You compromised safety of your patient and broke the cardinal rule of nursing school. If your instructor isn't there, DON'T DO IT!!! Sure, there are nurses that don't understand the roles of students in the hospital. They see them in every semester and don't always know where you are in the program. However, it is not THEIR fault that you passed this med. It is NOT your instructor's fault that you failed to go over the medication with her and get approval. It IS your fault that you failed to do the above and also choose to not hand in your homework.

Life is all about choices. You may be in the program, but the choices you make determine your success. You knew the outcome of breaking the rules and chose to do it anyway. There are no 'heroes' in nursing school.

I highly recommend that you wait awhile before applying to nursing school again. It is evident to me that you lack the social and "maturity" skills needed in order to be successful this time.

Please take the above advice (from others) to heart. They really DO know what they're talking about, even if you don't think so.

Heather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mario, I gave up my membership to this board, and up until now felt no need to post inspite of the absurb and unbelievable unprofessional behavior of the administrators of this board.

You however, are a very special case. Get the hell over it. Get OVER it!!! YOU SCREWED UP. Bottom line. End of discussion. Suck it up, tighten your jock strap and face the guy in the mirror and repeat after me...... hello......I screwed up. I am responsible for my actions.

Say this over and over looking yourself in the eye until you see some GLIMMER of vague understanding replacing that vacant look.

And really Mario, don't bother to thank me....

Your old friend,

Baseline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by SmilingBluEyes

You are the captain of your own ship and it's up to you not to drown in a sea of self-pity and despair. MOVE ON.

Good advice Deb.

Good Luck mario:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A major part of nursing is accountability and responsibility; as students, have to write about it in our logs in relation to our clinicals every week. If you can't even be accountable or responsible for your own actions or mistakes, you have a very long way to go. From what I'm hearing, you haven't accepted responsibility for your actions yet, and until you do, I think you should wait on trying to go back to nursing school. Sure people make mistakes, sure once in a while an instructor might have a grudge against us, but you are not looking in the right direction for what really went wrong.

Also, your mistakes are not simply violating arbitrary rules; they are "rules" based on the nursing ethics of accountability, responsiblity, and timeliness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by tiredofthis

Mario, I gave up my membership to this board, and up until now felt no need to post inspite of the absurb and unbelievable unprofessional behavior of the administrators of this board.

 

You however, are a very special case. Get the hell over it. Get OVER it!!! YOU SCREWED UP. Bottom line. End of discussion. Suck it up, tighten your jock strap and face the guy in the mirror and repeat after me...... hello......I screwed up. I am responsible for my actions.

 

Say this over and over looking yourself in the eye until you see some GLIMMER of vague understanding replacing that vacant look.

 

And really Mario, don't bother to thank me....

 

Your old friend,

Baseline

AMEN !!!!!!!

Thank you, Joanne...i am so glad that some of us are more able to clearly state thoughts....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×