Can anyone give me an idea how to show ways to increase nurse/patient ratio staffing hours? I am taking an online class and have never been in administration. I am doing a paper and need 12-13 references of how to do this. It is to try to bring about an improvement in an organization. I have to have a proposal ASAP!
Thanks :angel2: :spin:
Feb 6, '05
There is a ton of information on this subject. In nursing, staff to patient ratios is a hotly debated and researched topic. I am sure with a little diligence you will be able to find lots of helpful references for your paper. Here are some suggestions that might help:
1. Google search on the topic ... that always helps me.
2. Go to the web sites of the California Nurses Association - this topic is covered in many different ways.
3. You can also visit some of the nursing journal web sites - Nursing 2005, AJN and others.
4. American Hospital Association AHA has a lot of information on the topic also.
5. Finally, I would also check out the ANA web site .... this information is widely published there.
There are a number of scholarly sources debating the nurse to patient ratio isse relating to mortality in a post surgical patient that might be helpful.