Use of Morphine for end of life comfort - page 3
I'm a nursing student in need of interview responses! Please respond answering to the following questions. Thanks!! 1. Do you believe in using Morphine Sulfate for end of life comfort? 2. In... Read More
Jan 28, '061. Do you believe in using Morphine Sulfate for end of life comfort?
We use Dilaudid pumps more often in pts who are not dying because it doesn't have the respiratory depression.
2. In your experience have you seen respiratory suppression that you contribute to the use of the Morphine? Yes. While respirations are still regular in the actively dying pt, they are often tachypnic, so this is a good thing.
3. If you have used it in your experience - did it make you feel guilty?
No, I am relieving pain! And if I am unsure if the pt is actually in pain, I am at least making the family feel better about it by making the pt more peaceful.
4. What degree do you hold in nursing? BSN, more than halfway to MSN
5. What area of nursing do you work in? Oncology
6. How many yrs have you been practicing? 8<!-- / message -->