Please clarify

  1. I realize I'm an "old school" nurse, but could someone please help me with what "*****" means in reference to purlent drainage. I've tried really hard but I just don't get it.
  2. Visit DMeadows profile page

    About DMeadows

    Joined: Aug '01; Posts: 1


  3. by   Janet Barclay
    p u s s y, D, LOL. I've erased that one off kardexes myself
  4. by   night owl
    The drainage you are referring to is called "pus-like" know, like pus??? It could be called *****drainage, but it doesn't sound so good. Pus-like drainage means the same as drainage of pus...I think. Well, you know what I mean. Right???
    Last edit by night owl on Aug 4, '01
  5. by   nurseleigh
    Dont feel too bad. I am a student and it took me a few minutes of sitting here wondering before it hit me. lol
  6. by   Nova "Proz Jr"
    You wouldn't believe how many times I've seen M.D.'s use that term i.e. "*****" drainage Lt. great toe,and had them wonder what I was LMAO about.