1. I'm a teacher who is planning to change professions. I really want to work in health care. I'm considering the fields of speech language pathology and nursing. I'd like to work with people in rehab., if I go into speech pathology. The job market is stronger in nursing, but that's certainly not the only issue. Either way, I'd like to work in a health care setting. Any perspectives on these two roles in the health care system? Thanks a lot for any ideas, suggestions.
  2. Visit victoriac profile page

    About victoriac

    Joined: Feb '04; Posts: 10


  3. by   suzanne4
    It all depends on how long that you want to be in school for. For speech pathology, you will need minimum of a Master's and most job requirements are now moving up to the PhD level. Which involves writing a dissertation, etc.

    Good luck..................