Seen It All

  1. File under the category of "Strange But True" or "Politics Makes for Strange Bedfellows".

    WASHINGTON (AP) -- George W. Bush and Hillary Rodham Clinton are finally on the same ticket -- the most admired man and woman in America, according to a poll released Monday.

    http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/12/30/mos....ap/index.html

    •  
  2. Visit hbscott profile page

    About hbscott

    Joined: Apr '03; Posts: 498; Likes: 13
    Radiology PACS & 3D Imaging

    14 Comments

  3. by   Spidey's mom
    Ok, I get the fact that President Bush is "most admired".

    But Hillary? Not a good role model for my daughter. Or my sons. No self-respecting woman would put up with her hubby's shenanigans.



    steph (who was recently bestowed with the label "rightist")

    :chuckle
  4. by   AmyLiz
    Yep...I agree whole-heartedly with you Steph. I can't stomach that carpetbagger.
  5. by   jnette
    I have no use for either one of them. I don't trust her anymore than I do him. Too much arrogance in both. Too powerhungry... they really DO have a lot in common... just opposite sides of the aisle. :stone
  6. by   Spidey's mom
    Originally posted by AmyLiz
    Yep...I agree whole-heartedly with you Steph. I can't stomach that carpetbagger.
    That defines her to a "T" . . . thanks AmyLiz!!

    steph
  7. by   hbscott
    Assuming that this poll had adequate population sampling I am left wondering if our country is of two minds (perhaps schizophrenic) because these two are just about as "polar opposites" it would seem in both principle and ideology than anybody. And yet they share the same poll results.

    What am I missing?

    And yes, if I ever cheated on my wife (even just once) I would not be here to even beg for forgiveness. I would be a dead man or at least banished to the proverbial great wilderness never to return....

    -HBS
  8. by   Spidey's mom
    Originally posted by hbscott
    Assuming that this poll had adequate population sampling I am left wondering if our country is of two minds (perhaps schizophrenic) because these two are just about as "polar opposites" it would seem in both principle and ideology than anybody. And yet they share the same poll results.

    What am I missing?

    And yes, if I ever cheated on my wife (even just once) I would not be here to even beg for forgiveness. I would be a dead man or at least banished to the proverbial great wilderness never to return....

    -HBS
    Funny, I was thinking "schizophrenic" too . . . . . .

    steph
  9. by   SmilingBluEyes
    Like Yakov Smirnoff said...

    "VAT A COUNTREEE"

    only in America.

    I, like Jnette, have no use for either of these individuals.
  10. by   wjf00
    George Bush most admired? Excuse me while I lose my lunch! I guess if you you like Cocaine and you have aspirations for the White House, you have found your role model.
  11. by   hbscott
    Originally posted by wjf00
    George Bush most admired? Excuse me while I lose my lunch! I guess if you you like Cocaine and you have aspirations for the White House, you have found your role model.
    Okay. In my lifetime we have had the following Presidents:

    Dwight D. Eisenhower
    John F. Kennedy
    Lyndon B. Johnson
    Richard M. Nixon
    Gerald R. Ford
    Jimmy E. Carter
    Ronald R. Reagan
    George H. Bush
    Bill J. Clinton
    George W. Bush

    I look at every name on the list above and see individuals who are less than perfect but somehow got elected to the nation's highest office. This doesn't happen in a vacuum. We have a nation of individuals who through their action or inaction have allowed the above individuals to serve as President.

    It is obvious with the last election we have a country "split in the middle" over many issues. Perhaps this is why we have two very different persons ranked as "most admired" in a recent poll? It reflects the nation's dichotomy.

    -HBS
  12. by   teeituptom
    I cant understand Bushie at all as a choice

    Hopefully Hillary will again be able to say
    See no more Bush
  13. by   hbscott
    Originally posted by teeituptom
    I cant understand Bushie at all as a choice

    Hopefully Hillary will again be able to say
    See no more Bush


    Seems she has a lot on her mind in this photo but the real question is which canidate best serves the country?

    The great debate continues.....

    -HBS
  14. by   teeituptom
    She is just saving herself for when she gets to say


    See no more Bush

close