Things to do while awaiting NCLEX results - page 6
i've read lots of threads about everyone biting their nails to the quick, becoming a nervous wreck, and generally going nuts while waiting for various test result to come back. let's think of some... Read More
Feb 16, '07Quote from Kattabbai love it! hahaha maybe when i take the test i will just read this thread and i will be rolling on the floor laughing! i think i will be ok:P thanks guys:smilecoffeecup: :rollOkay - It is the middle of winter in the NE -- and I take my exam Wed. Thank God I live where it only takes 2 days to get the results.
I am broke -- so that means no shopping --
But I came up with a list of indoor activities :-)
1) Give the dog a bath (2 years of dirt - he is STINKY!)
2) Pick a recipe out of my Cooking Light magazine - go to the store - buy the ingredients and make it.
3) Find an excercise program on TV - work out!!umpiron:
4) Stay AWAY from the internet -- too much "what if I didn't pass?"
5) Stay AWAY from the calendar -- (You will say, "I know I failed -- so 45 days from now is .....")
6) Go to Borders - get a book - DO NOT GO TO THE NURSING SECTION!! -- buy a latte and read it in the store (only the cost of the latte!) Better yet - go to the library (more limited Nursing section - less temptation) find a book -- Drive to Starbucks.:smilecoffeeIlovecof
7) Spend $10 for a day pass at the local gym or "Y" -- spend ALL DAY there. (Better if they have a swimming pool for a mid-winter break!):smiletea2:
8) Visit the local Salvation Army/Cosignment store -- buy ONE thing that really catches your eye (convince husband that you REALLY needed one more purse!!)
9) If it is snowing - make a cup of hot chocolate - :smilecoffeecup: hold the dog/cat and listen to music -- say to self - "relax, hmmmm, relax, hmmm" -- give up trying to relax -- go on internet (break rule #4) check status of pass/fail. -- remind self that it takes 48 hours -- not 48 minutes -- for results to be posted - convince self that you failed -- go to calendar (break rule #5) Count out 45 days -- **Cry, wail, moan** Get yourself back together -- say *&%# the hot chocolate -- break out the wine bottle -- (you forget that your nursing instructor told you alcohol will NOT help you relax) -- get more tense -- go back on internet -- **Cry, wail, moan** Get out NCLEX books - TOTALLY convinced you will have to repeat exam. Study questions - attempt to look up questions you from exam.
Give up -- go outside and catch snowflakes with your tongue -- if enough snow - make a snowman -- throw snowballs at various objects (tree, car, dh, anyone who dares enter "YOUR" kingdom.)
Exhaust yourself - take a nap
and by the way, congratulations Tbone3!!! :hatparty: :smiletea:
Feb 22, '07In my case, I was unusually calm right after the test, until about one hour prior knowing they would be on quick results. Jeez, that one friggen hour about killed me!
Feb 24, '07I loooooved that list it was awesome!! I'm in ND and it's snowing something serious...so I was real close to doing number 9!!! I took mine on Friday 2/23 and should know something by Monday or Tuesday morning...
Feb 25, '07I went shopping and spent $2200 on bedroom furniture for the boys and picked out $3300 of furniture for my daughter after the boys' set is paid off.
Mar 20, '07i planned ahead of time to throw a baby shower for my friend the weekend after the test so that i had my girlfriends around, things to do, people to meet... it worked out well, for one day! the rest of the weekend was misery.. kept checking the brn site despite knowing that it is not being updated on weekends...
Apr 1, '07kattaba that was hillarious.. thanks for making me smile today after a WAILING yesterday ...monday the count begins SIGH SIGH SIGH SIGH SIGHLast edit by Hollywood RN on Apr 1, '07
Apr 16, '07JEEZ ITS BEEN So LONG WAITING FOR MY RESULTS.... DAYS SEEMS LIKE YEARS.... ANYWHOO I HAVE BEEN TAKING UP MY TIME BY GETTING AN EXTRA JOB, WALKING MY DOGS, AND LEARNING HOW TO COOK SANDWICHES......
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG THE CALI BRN TAKE TO UPDATE THEIR INFO...... :uhoh21:
Apr 23, '07i am currently waiting for my result tho i am not positive about it. what i do whilst waiting? read posts in here! and check my friendster account, watch loads of movies...and smile
May 8, '07Have any one resently took the NCLEX I have and it has goten really harder since the last time I have taken it my computer cut off at 172? But I praying I passed this time.