Failed boards in 2 states

  1. should I quit or try another state. I was looking at new york, but not knowing how long they will allow since I graduated in 04. I just go brain dumb and forget everything I studied. Help if you can
  2. Visit missea39 profile page

    About missea39

    Joined: Jun '06; Posts: 36; Likes: 9


  3. by   Katnip
    It doesn't matter what state you're in. It's the same exam.
    I'd suggest a refresher course since you graduated 3 years ago.
  4. by   suzanne4
    Changing states does not change anything. The exam will be the same for you no matter where you test and for which state. The issue is that you may not qualify for a refresher course as you have never held a license in the first place.

    What did you use to prepare in the first place? And how did you use it and for how long?

    Moving this to the NCLEX Forum where it is more appropriate and you can get the help that you need.
  5. by   chuck1234
    I think it is the way you studied...
    You have to take the refresher course, and after that take the Kaplan.
    You definitely need help. You have been away from school since 2004. Take the same test in other state will not help you at all...don't waste your time....AND $$$$.
    Always remember...after you have finished reading a chapter, you always have to ask yourself...what have you read...and what have you studied...
    If you can't even answer these two questions, then you have to go back to square one.
    Good luck!
    And, hopefully, we will be working side by side in the future.
  6. by   suzanne4
    And again, most states do not permit a refresher course per se if there was never a license issued in the first place.
  7. by   Jolie
    Suzanne is correct that you need a remedial course, not a refresher. Participants in refresher courses must hold a current license, or apply for a temporary one in order to participate in clinicals. A temporary license will not be granted to someone who has never held RN licensure.

    Remedial courses are more difficult to find than refreshers. Contact your state BON to find out whether you are required to complete additional formal education prior to registering for boards, and to find out if any remedial courses are offered in your area. Or get in touch with the school from which you graduated to find out if anyone there would be willing to tutor you.

    Good luck!
  8. by   skewlbukol
    same as here... i graduated 2003, but still i havent pass the boards... i took it for several times, as in a lot of times, but still i kept on failing.. where and how can i find that remedial course? i dont know anymore.. i feel so dumb...! i even attended 3 review courses that really cost me a lot... PleASE HELP.