ATI or Mosby results

  1. I was wondering if any of you took the ATI or Mosby's testing to see where you are standing in your preparation for NCLEX. I have taken them both and though they both say that I have a 98% chance of passing boards, I do not really believe in being accurate. Have you heard or know anyone who had above 95% probability at these tests and failed the NCLEX-RN?
  2. Visit flaced profile page

    About flaced

    Joined: Jul '03; Posts: 49; Likes: 3
    MICU RN

    14 Comments

  3. by   RN 2005
    Interesting question.....I would like to hear comments on this too........
  4. by   ManyRN2B
    Me too!! I just took a test at school and it said 98% chance of passing the NCLEX. So I'm curious.

    T
  5. by   martymoose
    I took the ATI and had a 99% chance of passing NCLEX, and just passed it this week! So maybe it's accurate. Although, while I was sweating the results, I sure felt that I would be that 1% . Good luck to you - JR
  6. by   bagger
    I also would like an answer to that question. We are taking the ATI test this week. Someone want to help us out, is it a good indicator of how well you will do on NCLEX?
  7. by   carolh
    Quote from bagger
    I also would like an answer to that question. We are taking the ATI test this week. Someone want to help us out, is it a good indicator of how well you will do on NCLEX?
    We also take the ati's at our school. You have to at least get a 60% on the mean average to go to the next level in school. Our Instructor said if you get at least the 60% mean average you will pass the nclex. I think this may be true. We also take the Saunders nclex review tests and the ati's seem harder. Good Luck and congrats to those who have already passed!
  8. by   ckh23
    I have not heard a story personally, but after we got our results of the Mosby from our instructor she said if you tested high doesn't mean you don't have to study. She said she knew of past students who got 95% and failed the NCLEX. On the flip side she said she know of students who got 30% and passed the first time.
  9. by   KacyLynnRN
    I too, took the Mosby's assess test last month, and I got a 191. The results page said that 98% of people that scored between 178-265 pass NCLEX-RN. I will be taking boards in a few weeks, so I'll let you know.
    Kacy
    P.S... I find it doubtful that that assess test is quite accurate, only because there were no 'new format' questions on it (fill-in-the-blank, check all that apply, etc.) so that leads me to believe it is somewhat outdated.
  10. by   porterwoman
    FWIW, our teacher told us today before we took Mosby's that in 14 yrs, she has only seen the test predict "wrong" twice, meaning, if it predicted you'd pass, they you passed, and if it predicted you wouldn't, then you didn't. I think she said the 2 it predicted "wrong" did well on Mosby's then went on to fail NCLEX the first time. It may have been the other way around. Anyway.
    Interesting that yours didn't have any new format ???s KacyLynnLPN--ours had some "pick all that apply" and one (yep count it one whole question) fill in the blank. Maybe they're slowly phasing them in?? Had a smurfload of peds & psych, plus several about cutaneous anthrax. HUH??? Riiiight...
  11. by   flaced
    Quote from KacyLynnLPN
    I too, took the Mosby's assess test last month, and I got a 191. The results page said that 98% of people that scored between 178-265 pass NCLEX-RN. I will be taking boards in a few weeks, so I'll let you know.
    Kacy
    P.S... I find it doubtful that that assess test is quite accurate, only because there were no 'new format' questions on it (fill-in-the-blank, check all that apply, etc.) so that leads me to believe it is somewhat outdated.

    KacyLynnLPN,

    Mine had lots of all that apply questions, as well as math calculations, order of events, diagrams, etc.
    I am planning of taking the NCLEX in the begining of June, about 3 weeks after graduation.
  12. by   grinnurse
    Our class took the Mosby test about 1 month ago and Hesi the week before that and the ones that failed the Hesi did remediation yesterday and today. Somehow I made it through with no problems but I had alot of friends that didn't do good on Hesi and passed the Mosby but still had to pay 40$ to remediate on not only Hesi but the darn Mosby as well. Doesn't make sense to me?? We had lots of ped, psych, ob, and calculations and I might add with no calculators for those of us that need them to feel secure-at least you get that in NCLEX. We had to make at least 60% on Mosby for it to be considered passing. I won't find out how I did on it until Monday after our final but the ones that went/are going for remediation found out their scores yesterday. Our instructors have told us all along that these tests are indicators of how we will do on NCLEX-hope so!!

    Good luck on yours.........Oh, we didn't have any fill in the blanks, but had several select all that apply. I have never heard of the ATI test sorry I couldn't help there.
  13. by   ZZTopRN
    Quote from grinnurse
    Our class took the Mosby test about 1 month ago and Hesi the week before that and the ones that failed the Hesi did remediation yesterday and today. Somehow I made it through with no problems but I had alot of friends that didn't do good on Hesi and passed the Mosby but still had to pay 40$ to remediate on not only Hesi but the darn Mosby as well. Doesn't make sense to me?? We had lots of ped, psych, ob, and calculations and I might add with no calculators for those of us that need them to feel secure-at least you get that in NCLEX. We had to make at least 60% on Mosby for it to be considered passing. I won't find out how I did on it until Monday after our final but the ones that went/are going for remediation found out their scores yesterday. Our instructors have told us all along that these tests are indicators of how we will do on NCLEX-hope so!!

    Good luck on yours.........Oh, we didn't have any fill in the blanks, but had several select all that apply. I have never heard of the ATI test sorry I couldn't help there.
    Took the Mosby's assess test. Went from 92% to consistent 99% but there were many repeat questions so I questioned the reliability of it. I now get anywhere from 60-70-to 80% on Saunders. Go figure!
  14. by   sr moore
    We are taking our mental health ATI next week. We did two last semester. It seems in our last semester before we grad, we have 5 ATI tests to take along with our reg exams. This is supposed to be a better prep for NCLEX. THis is only the second year that our school has mandated these.

close