Licensure requirements for Montana

  1. Hello all,

    I'm looking to transfer my RN license to Montana. Can anyone tell me the licensure requirements here? Thank you! :wink2:
  2. Visit ahhback2MT profile page

    About ahhback2MT

    Joined: Oct '06; Posts: 1


  3. by   funinsun
    Hi all,

    I know this is late, but I just wanted to let you know that I transferred my license from NC and it was not difficult at all, took some time for paperwork but nothing else. It's not a 'compact state" yet, but again, except for the paperwork doesn't take long. Best of luck to all your endeavors..
  4. by   suzanne4
    You do not transfer a license, you endorse the one that you have and continue to have it until it expires.................if you do not renew it. You do not transfer a license in the US.

    You just need to apply for "License by Endorsement" and follow what they want and pay the fee.

    And even if it were a compact member, if you move your legal residence, then you would still need to go thru the endorsement process.
  5. by   ginger58
    Why don't you just contact the MT BON via email or phone? You'll need their paperwork anyway.
  6. by   funinsun
    Sorry, that's what I meant, I did endorse my license to Montana.. It is just filling out paperwork and did not take long..
  7. by   fisher chick
    Hello, I'm trying to get a Montana Nursing License. Do you know what is required? I am an RN from Oregon, but my degree is from Regent College in New York. This was corrisponant degree and I don't know if that is an excepted degree in Montana.
    Last edit by fisher chick on Aug 10, '08 : Reason: mis spell