Info on grants

  1. Hello,
    I was wondering if there is any other grants besides pell to help pay for school and bills. I am a single mother and I wotk fulltime. I am not sure if I will be able to continue working fulltime once I start the program.
    Someone help!!!
  2. Visit singlemomof3 profile page

    About singlemomof3

    Joined: Dec '08; Posts: 11; Likes: 1


  3. by   BlueBug
    You need to talk to the financial aid office at your school... they will have all the info about what can be offered to you for school money. You should also fill out a FAFSA form, again talk to the financial aid office about this as there are deadlines that need to be met. This is the form that you need to fill out to find out what you are eligible for and for how much. Filling it out does not obligate you to take any of the money.

  4. by   shhnack
    There is a grant called the "Gallager grant" and a "Women's opportunity scholarship" and they sound like they fit your description. Good luck!

    Last edit by shhnack on Jan 9, '09 : Reason: needed to seperate/be more specifice
  5. by   carolbrigid
    Shhnack, Where do you apply for the Gallager grant and the Women's Opportunity Scholarship? Thank you.