Katy Stevens 655 Views
Joined: Apr 23, '01;
Posts: 1 (0% Liked)
I'm doing a gender issues project on male nurses for my degree at Bolton Institute and was hoping people would answer some questions. The aim of the project is obtain
information about how male nurses feel working in a female dominated environment, their motivation and whether they are treated equally. My research involves
questioning 5 people, the answers to which will be partially quoted in the project. I am asking for your voluntary participation in the research, and you are free to discontinue your participation at any time.
Please add your name to the following sentence: I, _____________ am participating in this interview of my own free will.
1) How long have you been in the nursing profession?
2) How long did you train for and where?
3) How many men were on your training course?
4) How many women were on your training course?
5) How many men were teaching on your training course?
6) How many women were teaching on your training course?
7) What position do you hold, where and how long?
8) Where and what positions have you previously held?
9) How many men are there on your department, how many are in positions of power?
10) How many women are there on your department, how many are in positions of power?
11) Why did you choose a career in nursing?
12) How did others react to your choice?
13) Have you ever been treated differently in work because you are male? Describe.
14) Do you believe/know there are pay and promotional differences between male and female nurses? Describe.
15) Do you believe women are more suited to the job?
16) Do you think it is easier for men or women to get ahead in the profession?
17) Why do you think there aren't as many men in the profession, and do you see that ever changing?
18) Do you think it is fair that nursing is seen as a female profession?
Thank you for your time, it is much appreciated.
Advertise With Us