Manager Audited Narc Drawer Without Witness; Fired Me for ‘Missing’ Norco

Updated | Posted
by Floridababe Floridababe (New) New Nurse

Specializes in Geriatric. Has 15 years experience.

You are reading page 2 of Manager Audited Narc Drawer Without Witness; Fired Me for ‘Missing’ Norco. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

spotangel, DNP, RN, NP

Specializes in ED,Tele,Med surg, ADN,outpatient,homecare,LTC,Peds. Has 33 years experience. 45 Articles; 516 Posts

Complete BS!  Report her a****** to the BON. Report her also to HR of the facility.

What was her reason to count the narcotics alone and who can testify that they witnessed a wrong count? If the next shift took over and signed off on the current narcotics sheet, then the count was right not wrong. 
Something is fishy about this supervisor. It is not just a power trip. Hope you are doing OK though.

Hugs!!

Floridababe

Floridababe

Specializes in Geriatric. Has 15 years experience. 14 Posts

On 3/28/2021 at 10:25 PM, SilverBells said:

I agree.  Or she made some other mistake (although I don't know what that might be) and wants to point fingers at someone else.  Regardless, like others have said this is suspicious and I'm with you that this was wrong.  Not sure what (if anything) would come out of

Her reasoning was because with Covid last Spring, the pharmacy wasn’t coming in to the facility to do their monthly audits I guess?! From what she told me, her and the DON alternated weeks to audit the narc drawers for the whole facility; the DON happened to be off for a couple of days that particular week as well. She acted like since she’s the administrator and also an lpn (even though she rarely worked as one, and never helped out on the floor of course) that she was allowed to audit the drawers. Which ya maybe she is, BUT she should still always have a witness! Basically her word vs mine and it’s total BS. I got a job not even 2 weeks later and I absolutely loved my new job. Well apparently the administrator at the new job is best friends with her-so guess what, I got fired from there as well with complete BS reasons. The DON of that new job reached out to me in January and apologized, and said the administrator lied about me and made him fire me! So I haven’t worked since June because of all of this. 
I’d love to report her to the BON, but honestly, I’m really scared of retaliation or what she’ll make up about me (again). It’s a crappy situation, and I don’t even know what to really do from here. I appreciate all of your amazing replies. You guys all rock!

spotangel, DNP, RN, NP

Specializes in ED,Tele,Med surg, ADN,outpatient,homecare,LTC,Peds. Has 33 years experience. 45 Articles; 516 Posts

I am so mad for you. So reach out to the other one and ask her to take you back. Don’t be afraid of bullies. You feed them when you fear! The truth always come out .

SmilingBluEyes

Specializes in Specializes in L/D, newborn, GYN, LTC, Dialysis. Has 25 years experience. 20,958 Posts

4 hours ago, Floridababe said:

Her reasoning was because with Covid last Spring, the pharmacy wasn’t coming in to the facility to do their monthly audits I guess?! From what she told me, her and the DON alternated weeks to audit the narc drawers for the whole facility; the DON happened to be off for a couple of days that particular week as well. She acted like since she’s the administrator and also an lpn (even though she rarely worked as one, and never helped out on the floor of course) that she was allowed to audit the drawers. Which ya maybe she is, BUT she should still always have a witness! Basically her word vs mine and it’s total BS. I got a job not even 2 weeks later and I absolutely loved my new job. Well apparently the administrator at the new job is best friends with her-so guess what, I got fired from there as well with complete BS reasons. The DON of that new job reached out to me in January and apologized, and said the administrator lied about me and made him fire me! So I haven’t worked since June because of all of this. 
I’d love to report her to the BON, but honestly, I’m really scared of retaliation or what she’ll make up about me (again). It’s a crappy situation, and I don’t even know what to really do from here. I appreciate all of your amazing replies. You guys all rock!

I am so sorry about all this. I think this person is stealing narcotics and sooner or later it will catch up. I would still report this to the BON. I really would. At this point this person already has it out for you. This whole thing stinks.

Floridababe

Floridababe

Specializes in Geriatric. Has 15 years experience. 14 Posts

On 3/28/2021 at 10:25 PM, SilverBells said:

I agree.  Or she made some other mistake (although I don't know what that might be) and wants to point fingers at someone else.  Regardless, like others have said this is suspicious and I'm with you that this was wrong.  Not sure what (if anything) would come out of

 

Edited by Floridababe

Floridababe

Floridababe

Specializes in Geriatric. Has 15 years experience. 14 Posts

Thanks for the response. I’m not sure if anything would either; and I’m sure she’d lie just like her bff administrator! I tried reaching out to that administrator at the new job that I loved after they fired me for reasons which were lies, and I was able to prove them all to be lies, but she never had the decency to contact me back. She’s just as big of a b*tch as her friend. However, I’m wondering if it would be appropriate to contact the actual ceo guy of my last job (the one I loved) and inform him of what has happened and can prove they’re all lies. I’ve tried their HR corporate people, but got NO where with them. I’d rather cut the BS and go straight to the head person...but I’ve had some people tell me yes do it, and others have said not to so I’m torn. 

SmilingBluEyes

Specializes in Specializes in L/D, newborn, GYN, LTC, Dialysis. Has 25 years experience. 20,958 Posts

1 hour ago, Floridababe said:

Thanks for the response. I’m not sure if anything would either; and I’m sure she’d lie just like her bff administrator! I tried reaching out to that administrator at the new job that I loved after they fired me for reasons which were lies, and I was able to prove them all to be lies, but she never had the decency to contact me back. She’s just as big of a b*tch as her friend. However, I’m wondering if it would be appropriate to contact the actual ceo guy of my last job (the one I loved) and inform him of what has happened and can prove they’re all lies. I’ve tried their HR corporate people, but got NO where with them. I’d rather cut the BS and go straight to the head person...but I’ve had some people tell me yes do it, and others have said not to so I’m torn. 

You can try but I doubt it will help. I don't think that CEO will have much of a vested interest in helping you, nor the time to bother. You already said they (the administrators) would lie anyhow; he'll believe them over you.

Back to the original concern:  What if this person is stealing/diverting meds and trying to pin it on you? Does not the board of nursing need to  be made aware something is amiss? No one should be counting narcotics ALONE. And it was found in her office for heaven's sake.

Find another job outside this company; it's already  written on the wall for you. Then move on, far away.

Tommy5677

Tommy5677

106 Posts

So if she fired you for a missing narcotic, did she report you to the board because I believe that's mandatory? If she didn't then I smell a rat.

Get an attorney and make her prove it. If she can't then it's malice in which case you would have a case. Well, that's my opinion.

Edited by Tommy5677

TriciaJ, RN

Specializes in Psych, Corrections, Med-Surg, Ambulatory. Has 41 years experience. 4,292 Posts

She's stealing narcs and throwing people under the bus to cover her tracks.  It would be one thing if you could have kept your subsequent job.  But now she's black-balling you and sabotaging your livelihood. 

Yes, call the BON.  At this point you have nothing to lose.

 

Floridababe

Floridababe

Specializes in Geriatric. Has 15 years experience. 14 Posts

19 hours ago, Tommy5677 said:

So if she fired you for a missing narcotic, did she report you to the board because I believe that's mandatory? If she didn't then I smell a rat.

Get an attorney and make her prove it. If she can't then it's malice in which case you would have a case. Well, that's my opinion.

No she did not report me to the board surprisingly. I’m scared to report her because I can see her making lies up to retaliate against me in someway. She already got me fired from my job after the one with her by telling her BFF administrator lies about me. Her BFF reported me to the Attorney General accusing me of diverting THIRTY norcos! I didn’t even work the cart ever! The QMA’s did. I also can prove 100% without a doubt that I did not take take anything. They called me 3 days after I worked while I was in Florida and fired me for ‘not putting orders in.’  Five months later I find out from the attorney general that I’m under investigation. The other girl whose name was written in the complain got wrote up and still works there-I got fired. The DON texted me in January apologizing for all of it admitting it was all *** from the administrator!! And it’s alllll thanks to the administrator who talked terrible about me to her friend and fired me after auditing the cart herself! It’s all a bunch of sh*t and makes me so mad, upset, and scared to even go back to working in nursing ever. 

TriciaJ, RN

Specializes in Psych, Corrections, Med-Surg, Ambulatory. Has 41 years experience. 4,292 Posts

1 hour ago, Floridababe said:

 I also can prove 100% without a doubt The DON texted me in January apologizing for all of it admitting it was all *** from the administrator!! And it’s alllll thanks to the administrator who talked terrible about me to her friend and fired me after auditing the cart herself!

It’s all a bunch of sh*t and makes me so mad, upset, and scared to even go back to working in nursing ever. 

If you still have the email and can prove your innocence, what are you sfraid of?

Landing on your feet is the best revenge.