- Location Texas
- Specialty Psychiatric
- Schedule FT
Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare is looking for a Registered Nurse to join our Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) team. The ideal candidate will exercise empathy and compassion as well as perform in a manner representative of the mission and ideals of Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare in all interactions with others. This position requires the ability for independent clinical decision making within the scope of practice and applicable rules and regulations. This position also requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as superb interpersonal and collaboration abilities.
What you will do:
- Processes physician's orders for medications, labs, and EKGs.
- Provides comprehensive assessments of patients at the CSU.
- Prepares and maintains examination/treatment room.
- Administers medications and monitors the effects and side effects and treatment ordered by the physician.
- Completes documentation in compliance with standards of care and Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare policy in the patient's Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. This may include risk assessments as needed and patient safety monitoring checks (related to staffing limitations).
- Provide medication education and compliance teaching to all patients receiving programming at the CSU.
- Performs venipunctures
- Administers IM injections as needed
- Safely de-escalate patients that are in crisis using learned SAMA techniques
- Provides supervision to Psychiatric Nursing Assistant (PNA) staff.
- Completes patient rounds as required and as needed to ensure client safety
- This position is considered "essential staff".
- This position will also be required to work holidays as needed.
**The following shifts are available, working one 36-hour week and a 48-hour week the next (8 hours of paid overtime):
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and every other Wednesday from 7AM – 7PM
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and every other Wednesday from 7PM – 7AM
Thursday, Friday, Saturday and every other Wednesday from 7AM - 7 PM
Thursday, Friday, Saturday and every other Wednesday from 7PM - 7 AM
What you'll need:
- Active, unencumbered Registered Nursing license in the State of Texas;
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school; Bachelor of Science (BSN) preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience; Psychiatric nursing experience preferred.
- Applicant will need to pass physical agility, computer literacy, and typing tests.
- Applicant must be able to navigate an electronic health record (EHR) and demonstrate computer competency
- This position requires the ability for independent clinical decision making within the scope of practice and applicable rules and regulations.
- Applicants must have a valid Driver's License and be insurable through Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Base Compensation: $45 Hourly Rate - Plus Shift and Weekend Differential.
- We are a Federal Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) qualified employer.
- Awesome Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Company-paid Life and Disability insurance, HAS/FSA, Retirement Options (with Company Match), and Tuition Reimbursement;
- Paid Time Off (PTO) begins accruing on your first day (2.5 hours per week - increasing with tenure);
- Weekly Payday;
- Mental health and wellness support from our Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Meaningful work in the mental health community.
$50 Hourly Rate - Plus Shift and Weekend Differential.
Edited by Stephanie Luis