- Location California
- Specialty OR
- Schedule FT
** Call is required 2-3 times per week **
Accountable for the assessment, coordination delivery and evaluation of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care in an acute patient setting. Delivers holistic and individualized care to all patients in an assigned area. Develops, implements, and coordinates a plan of care that incorporates psychological, sociocultural, spiritual, economic, and life-style factors. Fosters and maintains collaborative relationships between patients, their family/support group, physicians, and other healthcare providers through timely and effective communications. Adheres to hospital policies, industry standards, best practices, and applicable laws and regulations to promote an optimal patient experience.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
RN-Registered Nurse of California
BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
ACLS-Advanced Life Support Healthcare Provider
PALS-Pediatric Advanced Life Support Healthcare Provider
2 years RN relevant experience.
Cardiac or Vascular (Hybrid) Surgery experience. preferred.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrated general knowledge and competence with regard to nursing theories, concepts and practices; medical terminology; anatomy; and physiology.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare industry, safety precaution policies, best practices regarding patient care and privacy, and changes in local/state/federal regulations.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
- Time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize patient care, assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and practices to achieve objectives and meet time sensitive activities.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Outlook).
- Work independently as well as be part of the team, while accomplishing multiple interventions in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to communicate and engage team members, patients and families in a variety of stressful situations.
- Use existing procedures and critical thinking to identify and solve routine or complex problems.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient's protected health information (PHI).
- Build collaborative relationships with peers and other healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
Pay Range: $69.15 - $90.58 / hour