- Sign-On Bonus 💰 BONUS!
- Location Florida
- Schedule FT
The OR Techs are individuals with specialized education who function as members of the surgical team in the role of the scrub person. With additional education and training, some surgical technologists function in the role of surgical first assistant.
Surgical technology programs are accredited by the Accreditation Review Committee on Education in Surgical Technology—a collaborative effort of the Association of Surgical Technologists and the American College of Surgeons, under the auspices of the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. Accredited programs provide both didactic education and supervised clinical experience based on a core curriculum for surgical technology.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterile technique, equipment and supplies needed for various surgical procedures.
- Communicates, interacts and participates in teamwork on the unit.
- Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to patients, visitors, physicians and staff.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients' right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcomes in the patient's care which results in harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory educations requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and Dependable Attendance.
- Maintains and safely handles medications to include IV fluids, contrast media.
- Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure
- Scrubs, gowns, and gloves
- Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment, and
- medications/solutions needed for procedure.
- Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before incision is closed
- Gowns and gloves surgeon and assistant
- Helps in draping sterile field
- Passes instruments, etc., to surgeon during procedure
- Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during procedure
- Prepares sterile dressing
- Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization
- Assists other members of team with terminal cleaning of room
- Assists in pepping room for the next patient
- Records Flash Steam Log and Cidex Log Completely and accurately according to policy
- Actively participates in time out procedure.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Graduate of an accredited school of Surgical Technology preferred. Accredited programs may be offered in community and junior colleges, vocational and technical schools, the military, universities, and structured hospital programs in surgical technology.
- Current certification as BLS Healthcare
- Provider through the American Heart Association; Certified Surgical Technologist preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Experience as a Surgical Technician Preferred.
- Must have experience –2 years Experience as a surgical tech, will crosstrain to specialties such as Robotics
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling , moving lifting of patients and /or equipment up to 50lbs. Possess the ability to work as a member of a team or independently as the situation requires and to prioritize responsibilities.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need.
- Medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs.
- Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Unit Beds/ rooms:
11 OR Rooms
Both 6:30a-3p (8 hr) or 10 hr shifts available. On-Call REQUIRED nights/weekends
On call required/ Frequency of on call/ On call Pay amount: 7 calls per month, mix of nights/weekends Call pay is $4, shift differentials available for full time employees (nights)
Sign On Bonus:
Decided on an individual basis
There are night shift differentials. - will have to verify current amount with HR