- Sign-On Bonus 💰 BONUS!
- Location Florida
- Schedule FT
Responsible for the direct and indirect nursing care of patients as determined by the registered nurse. Responsible for the supervision of assigned personnel.
- Completes all assigned procedures and therapies within the specific time frame.
- Reports supply and equipment needs to the team leader and/or charge nurse.
- Assists with the transfer of patients.
- Assists physician in the performance of select procedures.
- Operates specialty equipment per manufacturer's recommendation and/or policy and procedures.
- Assists with providing care for the patient both pre-, intra, and post-specialized procedure.
- Assists with transporting and positioning patient on the operating bed, specific to operative procedure, type of anesthetics to be used, and use of protective devices as indicated.
- Performs item counts to include but not limited to: sponges, sharps, vessel loops/umbilical tapes, bovie cleaner, pre-, intra, and post operatively.
- Take appropriate action if item count is not correct and informs the appropriate staff.
- Monitors patient's response to surgical intervention intra-operatively and reports status to RN circulating nurse.
- Prepares medication for operative field according to hospital policy with assistance from circulating nurse and/or surgeon; correct route and label appropriately.
- Organizes supplies, instrumentation of operative field under the supervision of the RN.
- Collects labels specimens for diagnostic lab per hospital policy and procedure.
- Practices hands-free passing of sharps utilizing the "safety zone technique", and agreed upon area to place sharps after each use to prevent sharps exposures. Ensures that the container/holder for the cautery is in place.
- Maintains vigilance for breaks in technique and informs the RN circulator.
- Prepares OR room for subsequent procedure in a timely manner being conscious of the 30 minutes turnover time.
- Performs other related functions as assigned.
- Must be able to take call, and return to the hospital within 30 minutes of call-back.
Completion of an approved program for surgical technologists.
Prior Surgical Tech experience and/or training.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Demonstrated communications and customer service skills, success in organizing work and ability to multi-task.
Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
Certification as a Surgical Technologist
BLS through American Heart Association
MUST BE CERTIFIED
Must have 1 year of experience at least
One CV (open heart) opening - work 4/10s (0600-1630). They will have call approximately 8 days a month that includes 1 weekend.
ON CALL IS REQUIRED for Day or Evening shift- must be within 30 mins
while on call Frequency of on call varies with staffing levels
Day and Evening shift is rotating weekends
Night shift- no call- no weekends
Salary Range: $ 20-27 (10 yr MAX)
Shift Diff- Evening: $2; Nights: $3.25; Weekend: $2
SIGN ON: 10k
RELO: case by case
Extensive benefits to be expected