Quote from macx
Tnx silverdragon =)
My apologies of submitting different threads, i'm just new in the forum & still learning my way around on how to post thread, how to retrieve it, etc. I'll do better next time =)
I had my fingerprinting early May 2009 in california.
I already have my SSN# & no problem with it. I am in the Philippines right now. So as i have understood it. I should just send my application FROM the Philippines TO California Board of Nursing(or whatever state i choose)? (Pls correct me if i'm wrong. Tnx). (Just a question... if i send my application from california & be found eligible, would i also HAVE TO take it in California too since i passed my application there..... OR..... i'm free to choose where as long as i pay extra amount if outside US?).
If i send my application now (May 2009) & become eligible, would i be able to take nclex by November or December 2009? Kindly give information as to what the time frame is from passing the application to getting exam schedule to exam result.
Do you have any suggestion for me on how to file for nclex exam the easiest way? I'm really confused on the NCLEX process from step 1 on what to do =(
Your input is highly appreciated. Thank you so much! =)
You apply to which ever state you want to work in, complete requirements for foreign trained nurse, this may mean involvement of CGFNS and CES (course evaluation of your transcripts). Applying outside of the US has no impact on where you sit the exam as long as you meet requirements and pay fees (there is extra fees when sitting outside the US) On average you are looking at 4-6 months to get eligibility and sit the exam so Yes you could be looking at Nov/Dec as long as all your documents are sent in a timely manner. I would say only exception would be New York as CVS process takes on average 6-12 months.
1. Apply to the state you want to work in
2. Ensure documents are sent to the appropriate departments for them to send to the state board of nursing
3. Whilst waiting for eligibility study for the exam, we have a great NCLEX forum under the student section
4. Once you have eligibility register with pearsonvue and pay fees
5. ATT will be sent from pearsonvue once they get the OK from state board, Keep an eye on junk folder as sometimes goes there.
6. Once you have ATT you can schedule sitting the exam by looking at dates and contacting pearsonvue on the number and booking date
Hope this helps