NCLEX requirement - page 2
ei... i have this problem i hope u can help me with.. I just read about the requirements for my nclex application.. it states that i wud have to submit a copy of my license OR diploma. and if i don't... Read More
Sep 23, '07Joined: Dec '03; Posts: 37,336; Likes: 5,525Quote from gorgeousgalWhich visa do you have? If you are talking about the tourist visa, it is useless at this time for you, there are no visas to adjust to that are available and we do not expect it for sometime.Hi, I have just mailed the California BON my application together with my written explanation for not having a license yet, I also just passed the local board but the license is still in process.. Does this mean I have to request for a verification from the PRC to be sent to California BON? or should I just wait for my license then mail a copy to California? sorry for asking about that again but I already have my visa.. thank you very much..
Suggest that you wait until you get the actual license, there is a retrogression in place and you will be under that, and it is expected to be at least two years before it is lifted., if even then. They are currently working with PD dates from 2001-2002 at this time.
Sep 23, '07Joined: Jun '07; Posts: 5^Hi, as soon as we receive our licenses, what do we send the BOn then? A photocopy of the license card? A letter from PRC ? Thanks so much
Sep 23, '07Joined: Dec '03; Posts: 37,336; Likes: 5,525Quote from LightblueLet me put this into better perspective for you:thanks for your honest reply..I am very well aware of retrogression (thanks to this forum), but I never thought that I will be affected since I am still in the initial stage of applying for US nursing licensure. Now I know...should have read more...:uhoh21:
The USCIS will accept and approve or not approve the I-140, it is not affected by the retrogression per se. However, nothing moves forward after that, it will be at a standstill for probably more than two years or so. So, there is no rush to get the NCLEX exam written, you are also selecting a state that will take you a month to even get your results in the first place. It is never recommended to go thru CA for initial licensure as a foreign nurse, but that can be found in other threads.
You are affected to the point that there is no guarantee that you will ever get a green card to work in the US even if you pass the NCLEX exam and meet all of the other requirements. The fact remains that there are less than 10,000 green cards issued to all of those under the EB-3 category per year from your country, and there are probably more than a 100,000 that are somewhere in the pipeline now. This category includes most that are in the US now under the H1-B visa from your country in other professions as well, it is not for nurses only. And there are currently more than 632,000 actively enrolled students in schools of nursing in your country. You do the math.
You will be much further ahead to go and work in another country for a couple of years and have some considerable experience behind you. That will be the only thing that will give you a better chance of getting to the US.
Sep 23, '07Joined: Dec '03; Posts: 37,336; Likes: 5,525Quote from gorgeousgalYour friend should not do a thing with the CA application in the first place until he passes the NLE. He is not going to get approval to sit for that exam until he can produce proof that he passed that exam in the first place. If he is not testing until December, then another two months for results, or so; makes no sense to start anything at this time.as for my friend... he took the local board but did not pass.. he is planning to take it again this december.. and at the same time he would like to apply for NCLEX since it will take 4-6 months to be processed.. what should he write in the written explanation for not having a license yet? thank you very much.. hope you could help...
If you were on the other side of the coin: Would you wish to have someone work in your state that was unable to pass their own local exam? Just not going to happen. There is already a couple year wait just to have a chance at working in the US, it is no longer automatically a done deal. He needs to focus on passing his own NLE, before he should even think about working out of your country in the first place.
There is nothing that he can include in a letter that they will accept as being reasonable and going ahead with his application. Big difference if he passed the NLE and was just waiting for the actual license to be issued, but flunking an exam? Tell him to save his money and not do a thing until he knows that he has passed that exam to start with.
Sep 23, '07Joined: Dec '03; Posts: 37,336; Likes: 5,525Quote from etucsipiaThe PRC must send the verification to any BON, it is never accepted from the nurse.^Hi, as soon as we receive our licenses, what do we send the BOn then? A photocopy of the license card? A letter from PRC ? Thanks so much
There is already much written on this, just do a search for it.
Sep 24, '07Joined: Sep '07; Posts: 14thank you for all the informations.. it is stated that I need to send a copy of my diploma to the BON, I have already mailed it together with my application form. But I just learned recently that I need to certify it in our school or get a certified true copy of our diploma.. is it really needed to be certified? cause I just sent a copy of my diploma without the certification.. pls.. help... thank you..
Sep 24, '07Occupation: Registered Nurse Specialty: Medical and general practice now LTC ; From: CA ; Joined: Feb '01; Posts: 63,956; Likes: 14,900Quote from gorgeousgalWhen sending copies of transcripts/licenses/CES they are supposed to come from the licensing bodies ie CGFNS etc to ensure no changes are done. I am not saying you would cheat but some do and the licensing body ie BON needs to make sure that this does not happen. You will probably have to send another set which have been correctly certified but try emailing BON first.thank you for all the informations.. it is stated that I need to send a copy of my diploma to the BON, I have already mailed it together with my application form. But I just learned recently that I need to certify it in our school or get a certified true copy of our diploma.. is it really needed to be certified? cause I just sent a copy of my diploma without the certification.. pls.. help... thank you..