My sister works as RN in the Philippines. How does she get in the US?

  1. My sister is working as nurse in the Philippines and wants to come here. She hasn't taken NCLEX RN yet. Can someone please let me know what are the steps in order for her to get to US? Do you know an agency who can help her? I believe the US does not issue working visas nowadays, only green cards. What does she need to do? Appreciate the response!!
  2. Visit KWhit13 profile page

    About KWhit13

    Joined: Aug '18; Posts: 16; Likes: 6
    from CA , US


  3. by   Silverdragon102
    Starting point would be checking out the website for the state she plans on living and working in. If California then she requires a US SSN before applying which she won't get until in the US with a valid work or immigrant visa. Once met state requirements and passed NCLEX then they need to look for employment and employers willing to go through the process for EB3