European born and Canadian Permanent resident working in the US, is it possible?

  1. Hi everyone,

    I was wondering if it was possible to work in the US as a canadian permanent resident and NON canadian citizen. I am married to my husband who is a canadian citizen. If I were to get Canadian citizenship I would have to renounce my home country citizenship which I would prefer not to do.
  2. Visit Amonitzer profile page

    About Amonitzer

    Joined: Sep '17; Posts: 15; Likes: 1


  3. by   Silverdragon102
    Only if you find employer willing to sponsor you. NAFTA is only for Canadian or Mexican citizens
  4. by   Maemir
    You can apply for dual citizenship and that way you can work in US thru NAFTA. I met some Canadian nurses here in Texas and loving it.