Clinical Nurse Anesthetist

  1. Does anyone know if any schools in Canada offer such a specialization of Clinical Nurse Anesthetist .. I know in the US they do.. but i'm hoping to find one here at home..
  2. Visit purseOnalityRN profile page

    About purseOnalityRN

    Joined: May '04; Posts: 78; Likes: 1


  3. by   TraumaNurse
    Nope, if you want to be a nurse anesthetist, you must go to school and practice in the US. Canada is pretty far behind in the use of most APNs.
  4. by   lalaxton
    Actually I know that the University of Toronto is thinking of starting an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner with a specialty in anethesia program. We have not CRNA's in Canada as they do in the US but some people are very supportive of the idea, so contact U of T.
  5. by   purseOnalityRN
    thx for the info~