B CUR Iet A to Masters?

  1. Hi,

    I studied in South Africa, and hold a degree equivalent to an honours. (Majoring in Critical care) my interest is in Cardiology.

    Here the next step would be masters. Are there any REPUTABLE courses that I could do to earn my masters, or would I need to take a step in between?

    Would I be able to do an online Masters?

    I am considering relocating to the US.
  2. Visit Spymandalinus profile page

    About Spymandalinus

    Joined: Oct '16; Posts: 3; Likes: 1


  3. by   meanmaryjean
    There are plenty of online Master's degrees in nursing in the States. All of them are going to require an 'equivalent to a BSN' degree from your home country AND a valid US nursing license. So your first step is to get your SA degree through that equivalency process. Then, in order to have a valid US license, you have to go through a bunch of steps including passing NCLEX.

    There are a ton of threads on IEN and the process here on AN. Use the <search> feature upper right to find them. We have a number of really good folks to respond to those and are well-versed in the process. Good luck!