I'm looking for any and all advice to help me figure out the pro's and cons of each branch nurse corp. I have always dreamed of military nursing but put by spouses army career before mine. He is finishing up school with his GI bill scholarship
and he is also looking at reserve duty. i am a BSN, RN 2.5 years critical care, and 3 years inpatient obstetrics experience. Fetal monitoring, STABLE certified, BLS, ACLS, NRP certified.
given my experience i have a couple of Q's...
1. What rank should i expect to enter in as?
2. Pro's and cons of each branch reserve nurse corp.
3. Promotional and professional opportunities for all branches?
4. Average deployment schedule if activated?
5. Nurse corp entry training and education for reservists.
6. Particularly interested in flight nursing, always dreamed of this. don't want to do OB nursing in the military. loved critical care, but on really bad civilian unit and no openings in ED. Have obstetric OR, triage, inpatient experience too.
7. What awesome opportunities are there for me, as a 25 year old and no dependents, just my spouse and I right now.
Thanks, appreciate all advice. Want to make the best choice possible and recruiters and not always the most reliable for info.
Emily Neigh, BSN, RN