Jump to content

Getting License in another state (HI)


I am curious to know how to get a license in Hawaii. I have been licensed in WA state since 2006. I will be moving to Hawaii in approximately 2 years.

The licensing process takes awhile so I would def recommend you start now. Hawaii is a non-compact state so you’ll have to go through that process. Check out the professional and vocational licensing site for detailed instructions. It takes awhile so you’ll have to call frequently to check on your application. Calling them also may be an ordeal so be patient. Keep track of everything you submit bc they’ve been known to lose applications. I got licensed in Hawaii but moved to WA but I’ve maintained my HI license just to avoid dealing with transferring over my license.