I would appreciate any thoughts from those willing to share regarding my situation below.
I had my first mammogram in August of this year (I'm 39). I was told they saw "something" on both breasts. Went to a surgeon - he said "yes, there is something there; but, let's wait 6 months and see if anything happens".
I decided to see another surgeon for a second opinion. She had me go for a magnified mammo on the left and ultrasound on the right. Results: The left they stated was calcification - nothing to worry about. The right - they wanted to do a ultrasound guided needle biopsy.
Went for biopsy on right. They seemed to be having a difficult time "finding" what they saw on the prior ultrasound to biopsy. They found "something", "a cyst" and biopsied it.
The results were benign - but, I was told that what they aspirated was still not what they had seen on the original mammogram. They referred me for an MRI.
The MRI showed "something" in the lower right quadrant of my right breast.
I went for a 2nd ultrasound (based on MRI finding) today. I was told that they couldn't see what was seen on the MRI - so, I have to go for an MRI guided biopsy. The area that they were ultrasound-ing(?) deeply was "tender". I was also told that although the aspiration that was done previously was benign - the pathologist recommended it be completely removed.
It is going on 5 months since I had my original/first mammogram. Stress has set in because I am losing my job/medical insurance on 1/15/07 and I'm concerned that I'm still going to be in "limbo". Also, I am planning to pursue (long term) a nusing degree - starting by way of CNA/PCT training. I am trying to "move forward" as it relates to leaving my company of 16 years and get excited about this new phase in my life. But, I'm getting really exhausted because of these continuous "unknown" delays on this medical issue. It's like why spend all this time and energy making plans - when, depending on these results (not to mention how long it takes to get them) - I may not be able to move forward for a while, if at all.
I know I could sound a little dramatic - but, change is difficult in itself; and, I have two major changes going on - not including this medical unknown.
Any words of advice, motivation, a kick in the *&!?