Product Name needed - urine collect

  1. Ok, I really cannot find this product, and 2 nurses have told me.. Oh yeah!! That exists!!

    Trying to get a urine sample from a catheter, there is a transfer saddle device that goes over the silicone port, in which you can just snap in the vial to the vacutainer end, and the urine magically shoots into the vial.

    Explained another way...

    So, it looks like a standard vacutainer, but it has a piercing pin on the end that will puncture the port on a urine catheter. Then I can just attache the vial and the urine transfers to it from the tubing.
  2. Visit SitcomNurse profile page

    About SitcomNurse

    Joined: May '05; Posts: 280; Likes: 247
    Inservice Education Coordinator; from US
    Specialty: 22 year(s) of experience in Geriatrics and Quality Improvement,


  3. by   Esme12
    I have seen it.....I haven't seen the saddle type in ages but here are a couple others