Hi all...so, i'm in my 6th week of nursing school and i got stuck w/ a used diabetes lancet...my prof. rushed me to student health services where they took my blood to test for everything, gave me my 2nd Hep A&B immunization and told me to come back tomorrow to talk w/ medical director & get put on antiviral "cocktail"
at some point the PA suggested i get a Hep "immunoglobin" (have no idea if i spelled that right) but then the nurse said that they're like $350.00 and i should wait and see what my titer says
(just FYI - the diabetes lancet was from one of about 5 people at a senior center in a "medically underserved area" and had been used AT LEAST (probably more than) 30 min before i got stuck w/ it)
PLEASE tell me what I should do - should i go on the cocktail? what about the immuno...thingy? should i make the school pay my medical bills?
any help y'all might provide will be greatly appreciated!
Sep 26, '02
renerian: yeah...they tested me today but i have to wait 7-10 days...i think they're saying they'll prescribe AZT!
yeah, that's what the student handbook says...
thanks to all for all of your replies - so FAST!
y'all are great,
Last edit by beaRNwhenIgroUP on Sep 26, '02