General ed classes and pre-nursing?


If I take general ed classes in community college & transfer to a university, will I need to go through the pre nursing program? How long would it take to finish?

Edited by Aquafina1

Rose_Queen, BSN, MSN, RN

Specializes in OR, education. Has 17 years experience. 5 Articles; 10,912 Posts

There isn't really a program called pre-nursing; rather, pre-nursing students are those who are taking the classes required before starting nursing classes. Classes accepted as transfer credits truly depend on the schools, so your answers really need to come from the university you would want to transfer to. Some schools have arrangements with each other where classes are accepted for transfers; other schools may evaluate the course and decide whether to grant credits or not.