RN relocating to Surprise, AZ...where should I work??

U.S.A. Arizona

Published

Hi. I'm an RN moving from NY to Surprise, AZ in December. I'd appreciate any information on the best hospitals to work for. So far, been interviewed by St. Joseph's and working on an interview for JCL Deer Valley, PACU. Is JCL Deer Valley close to Surprise?

Thanks!

Barbara:nurse:

mamma

8 Posts

Specializes in ICU.

Come work with us here in SunCity West and or SunCity.Sunhealth Corporation is it.Have two hospitals mostly geriatric cases although we have an L&D at Del Webb.These hospitals are just a 5-15 minutes from Surprise.

What unit do you want to work at?We also take new grads since we have our affiliation with the school of nursing.Come and give us a try.I have worked at the Del Webb campus for 11 years in ICU. Look me up and let us have a cup of coffee/tea/milk or whatever with the nurse recruiter.We are a good bunch of people.

Hoozdo, ADN

1,555 Posts

Specializes in ICU, Research, Corrections.
Hi. I'm an RN moving from NY to Surprise, AZ in December. I'd appreciate any information on the best hospitals to work for. So far, been interviewed by St. Joseph's and working on an interview for JCL Deer Valley, PACU. Is JCL Deer Valley close to Surprise?

Thanks!

Barbara:nurse:

I agree with Momma. The Sun Health hospitals will be closest to you. JCL Deer Valley is not really close, St. Joseph's is far in downtown Phoenix.

rnbabs

9 Posts

I'm looking for something like PACU, Recovery, Endoscopy or Interventional radiology.

mamma

8 Posts

Specializes in ICU.

Try www.sunhealth.org and click on job opportunities.I am pretty sure there is a PACU opening.

Good luck.

Sunlover

2 Posts

While the others are correct...those places are closer however the Abrazo hospitals are offering a HUGE SIGN ON BONUS! Check them out...

Try Maryvale, gets a horrible and SOOO Undeserved..I've seen the place and the people are awesome...great management changes recently...

Also Arrowhead and PV Hospitals...all good choices...Try Maryvale first...you might see me!

Hoozdo, ADN

1,555 Posts

While the others are correct...those places are closer however the Abrazo hospitals are offering a HUGE SIGN ON BONUS! Check them out...

Try Maryvale, gets a horrible and SOOO Undeserved..I've seen the place and the people are awesome...great management changes recently...

Also Arrowhead and PV Hospitals...all good choices...Try Maryvale first...you might see me!

How huge? I was looking recently at the sites for PV and Arrowhead and they don't mention a bonus. Thanks for any info!

Hoozdo, ADN

1,555 Posts

How huge? I was looking recently at the sites for PV and Arrowhead and they don't mention a bonus. Thanks for any info!

I am answering my own question. In this Sunday's classifieds:

We'll give you a lot to smile about.

$15,000 RN Night Shift Sign-On Bonus

Abrazo Health Care is changing the face of health care in Maricopa County. We're doing this by hiring the best people in the field and recognizing and generously rewarding their contributions. Join us on the night shift and you'll enjoy our dynamic and supportive working environment - not to mention our $15,000 sign-on bonus. Additionally, we are offering a $10,000 sign-on bonus for day shift RNs.

RNs - Night Shift

We have openings for RNs at all of our facilities:

Arrowhead Hospital

Maryvale Hospital

Paradise Valley Hospital

Phoenix Baptist Hospital

Phoenix Memorial Hospital

West Valley Hospital

Nowhere is there a system more committed to providing outstanding, accessible health care to its communities than Abrazo. For more information or to apply online, please log onto www.abrazohealth.com and click on "job search." EOE.

Abrazo Health Care

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Allnurses for a reason, I will be relocating, as well, to Az in the near future and have 18 years as a nurse in critical care among other areas. My family lives in Az and left me out here all alone on the Beast Coast (kidding kidding!). What are the starting salaries, mamma, for my years of experience and if anyone else can tell me, what will I have to do to change my license etc. No doubt, I will want to do ICU nursing when I get there.

Thanks and it's really great to be here!

Coelia

jnette, ASN, EMT-I

4,388 Posts

Specializes in Hemodialysis, Home Health.
Come work with us here in SunCity West and or SunCity.Sunhealth Corporation is it.Have two hospitals mostly geriatric cases although we have an L&D at Del Webb.These hospitals are just a 5-15 minutes from Surprise.

What unit do you want to work at?We also take new grads since we have our affiliation with the school of nursing.Come and give us a try.I have worked at the Del Webb campus for 11 years in ICU. Look me up and let us have a cup of coffee/tea/milk or whatever with the nurse recruiter.We are a good bunch of people.

Yeh... my Mom lives in Sun City West. Well.. until just a couple weeks ago, that is. Alzheimer has reared its ugly head and she's now staying with sis in Tucson until spring, when I'll take her in here for the summer mos. in Virginia.

But they have a NICE dialysis facility right outside of Surprise on Bell Road, just before you enter SCW... I've visited it before, and it is awesome. It's Fresenius clinic (I worked for Fresenius for 9 years) and while I'm not crazy about the company, this particular facility was really, really neat, and I loved the folks working there. Might be worth a shot ! It's right in your very backyard! :)

I've worked at 2 Abrazo facilities (in the ED) 5:1 ratios...for profit...no thanks

St Joes 3:1 in the ER...Their IR department is tops in Phx

Sun Health may underpay you...

Specializes in NICU.

I'd be leery of a HUGE sign-on bonus. Some hospitals offer such a bonus because they can't keep people and have a huge turn-around ..... for a reason. So, I'd at least ask about their turn-around. A big sign-on bonus is a HUGE HUGE red flag to me .... to stay away. But that's just me.

Good luck to you!

+ Add a Comment