Jump to content

Emergency Care Plans

School   (621 Views | 5 Replies)

RNTadaaaa has 13 years experience and specializes in Telemetry, Orthopedic, M Surg, School RN.

1,942 Profile Views; 98 Posts

Morning all!

After reading about the Emergency Care Plans some of you have implemented, I would like to initiate this at my school also. 

Do I need to have the student's Health care Provider's input/signature on the form, or can the parent and I complete the EAP I choose after receiving the medication and medication order forms? I see some forms with a space for Provider signature and others with just the Nurse and Parent. 

Also, would you be willing to link to any forms for asthma/diabetes/seizure/anaphylaxis that you find most useful?

 

Thank you so much!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MHDNURSE has 21 years experience as a BSN, MSN, RN, NP and specializes in Pediatrics, Community, and School Health.

1,408 Posts; 13,216 Profile Views

This school district has several:

https://www.penfield.edu/BayTrail.cfm?subpage=1050742

In my own experience, I much prefer the format with two columns where it says on the left column :  "If you see this" (then list symptoms/behavior, etc.) and in the column next to it it says "Then do this" and lists action steps.  Very easy to understand and follow, especially for non medical people.  Clear, concise, and bulleted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

beachynurse has 35 years experience as a ASN, BSN and specializes in School Nursing.

153 Posts; 1,349 Profile Views

These are the forms that we use. I actually changed the format of the emergency form to accommodate "Medical Plans"  for medical accommodations rather than emergency directions for students. I have attached a copy of my Emergency Plan, my Medical Plan, and My diabetic plan for you to look at.

Emergency Plan for Individual Student (Rev 8-15-03) - Copy (22) - Copy - Copy - Copy.doc

Diabetic Emergency Plan Template - Copy (5).doc

Medical Plan - Copy (5).doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RNTadaaaa has 13 years experience and specializes in Telemetry, Orthopedic, M Surg, School RN.

98 Posts; 1,942 Profile Views

1 hour ago, MHDNURSE said:

This school district has several:

https://www.penfield.edu/BayTrail.cfm?subpage=1050742

In my own experience, I much prefer the format with two columns where it says on the left column :  "If you see this" (then list symptoms/behavior, etc.) and in the column next to it it says "Then do this" and lists action steps.  Very easy to understand and follow, especially for non medical people.  Clear, concise, and bulleted.

Good 'ol NY! Thank you MHDNURSE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RNTadaaaa has 13 years experience and specializes in Telemetry, Orthopedic, M Surg, School RN.

98 Posts; 1,942 Profile Views

6 minutes ago, beachynurse said:

These are the forms that we use. I actually changed the format of the emergency form to accommodate "Medical Plans"  for medical accommodations rather than emergency directions for students. I have attached a copy of my Emergency Plan, my Medical Plan, and My diabetic plan for you to look at.

Emergency Plan for Individual Student (Rev 8-15-03) - Copy (22) - Copy - Copy - Copy.doc

Diabetic Emergency Plan Template - Copy (5).doc

Medical Plan - Copy (5).doc

BEACHYNURSE! Those plans are awesome! Thank you so much for letting me view them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

beachynurse has 35 years experience as a ASN, BSN and specializes in School Nursing.

153 Posts; 1,349 Profile Views

5 minutes ago, RNTadaaaa said:

BEACHYNURSE! Those plans are awesome! Thank you so much for letting me view them. 

Any time to help. We need to help each other!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.