Jump to content

CPNRE Exam June 2021

Posted

Has 2 years experience.

Hi Everyone,

 

I recently finished my nursing program at Dirham College and booked to take my CPNRE exam this June. I am quite anxious about it and not sure where to begin studying. I have been using Mosby's comprehensive review and a lot of the CONRE prep 3,4,5 to study. I've gone back into my binder and made notes on all the topics I've learned during my 2 years at Durham College. With all of those, I still don't feel ready.

I'm posting this forum in hopes of connecting with others who plan on taking their CPNRE this coming June as well and keep us updated on progress and results 

Yeboah RPN

Specializes in Aspiring Scrub Nurse. Has 4 years experience.

 I am also writing in June and I am currently in need of the cpnre prep guide 3, 4, 5 would mind letting me know where you purchased yours from? 

Hi! I’m also writing! And wanted to ask the same question about what reviewers did you guys use? I also use mosbys and cprne prep guide. I’m not sure what will be on the exam. Like the previous test (Feb)  were all about maternity,post op, babies, and some mental health questions!! 

I used cprne guide 3,4,5 and, of course, lots of prayers.😀 Just remember your scope and limitations as an RPN, then that's it!

Wait did you already took the test? 😅 how was it? Like what was it like? Are there a lot of maternity like they’ve said? Post-op? Pedia? Random questions like diseases (DM, heart failure)? 

nursingstudent_16

Has 2 years experience.

On 4/26/2021 at 3:11 PM, Yeboah RPN said:

 I am also writing in June and I am currently in need of the cpnre prep guide 3, 4, 5 would mind letting me know where you purchased yours from? 

I did not purchase them but instead just found them online. I've attached them to this post for everyone to use 

CPNRE_PREP_GUIDE_4th_edition.pdf

CPNRE-Prep-Guide-3rd-Edition_(1).pdf

CPNRE-Prep-Guide-5th-Edition (1).pdf

19 hours ago, major0 said:

I used cprne guide 3,4,5 and, of course, lots of prayers.😀 Just remember your scope and limitations as an RPN, then that's it!

Was the cpnre guide 3,4,5 useful? were the questions similar or it just helped you gain more insight of how to answer the questions?

nursingstudent_16

Has 2 years experience.

On 4/30/2021 at 2:32 PM, claranursingstudent said:

Hi! I’m also writing! And wanted to ask the same question about what reviewers did you guys use? I also use mosbys and cprne prep guide. I’m not sure what will be on the exam. Like the previous test (Feb)  were all about maternity,post op, babies, and some mental health questions!! 

A binder that my friend made of the summary of all what we learned in the 2 years (lab theory 1 & 2, pharmacology, pathophysiology, all the health and healings, DOS) then the practice quizzes cpnre prep guide 3,4,5, I'm planning on doing the yardstick predictor test, and the exampprephero practice tests

Already have the 3,4,5!! I got it from my friend also! And she said that it was the same format as the real test, but none of the questions are similar to the test. She said almost half of the questions were maternity! 🤷🏻‍♀️

nursingstudent_16

Has 2 years experience.

14 hours ago, claranursingstudent said:

Wait did you already took the test? 😅 how was it? Like what was it like? Are there a lot of maternity like they’ve said? Post-op? Pedia? Random questions like diseases (DM, heart failure)? 

No I haven't taken it yet, I'm taking it On June 16th

Just now, claranursingstudent said:

Already have the 3,4,5!! I got it from my friend also! And she said that it was the same format as the real test, but none of the questions are similar to the test. She said almost half of the questions were maternity! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Oh darn, I heard most people said that maternity and post op is on there, but not sure if the main topics change yearly...also what are you using to study?

Yeboah RPN

Specializes in Aspiring Scrub Nurse. Has 4 years experience.

Thank you. For sending in the cpnre PDF. However what I have heard so far is similar to what you have said. I have also completed the yardstick predictor test and my energy just dropped after it. I got 65 percent and I am going to do the second predictor test in mid May after learning practicing more with questions. I think doing more practice questions on mental health, post op, rpn roles and guidelines, pre op, maternity, pharm, patho would definitely prepare you for the test 

nursingstudent_16

Has 2 years experience.

17 minutes ago, Yeboah RPN said:

Thank you. For sending in the cpnre PDF. However what I have heard so far is similar to what you have said. I have also completed the yardstick predictor test and my energy just dropped after it. I got 65 percent and I am going to do the second predictor test in mid May after learning practicing more with questions. I think doing more practice questions on mental health, post op, rpn roles and guidelines, pre op, maternity, pharm, patho would definitely prepare you for the test 

No worries! we"re all in this together at the end of the day!! where did you find the predictor test, could you paste the link in the chat

Yeboah RPN

Specializes in Aspiring Scrub Nurse. Has 4 years experience.

https://www.cpnre.ca/predictor-test/

there are two predictor test, I believe doing the first one gives you just a heads up of what to expect and then after learning reviewing so much you can take the second one as well. Just so you can see where you are after learning. So far; all what I have is that they are very similar to the cpnre questions. 
 

sometimes I believe it’s not how hard the questions are: but how simple they are but you would be given two accurate answers to choose from. 
 

anyway I will keep you updated. Best of luck to all of us