Jump to content

Columbia State Community College Fall 2017 (students & advice)

School Programs   (6,421 Views 48 Comments)
by KPeeke KPeeke (Member)

470 Visitors; 15 Posts

advertisement

You are reading page 4 of Columbia State Community College Fall 2017 (students & advice). If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

548 Visitors; 17 Posts

CB87...I have a 3.7 (all my classes so far were taken outside of CSCC). I would recommend doing some ACT prep classes and either taking the ACT again or do the ACT risidual at CSCC). This will help boast your points especially with the new point system they are rolling out for the Fall 18 admissions. Best of luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

650 Visitors; 9 Posts

I just came across this thread. How are you all doing now? You would be in your second semester now right?

My application for the fall 2018 program was submitted yesterday. Since its a new points structure I have no idea what to expect. I have a 23 on my ACT which gives me 9 points, 4 points for an A in A&P1, 3 points for an A in microbiology, and 3 points for an A in General Psych giving me 19 total. My GPA is a 3.79. I wish I had a clue as to where I stand. Hoping some other applicants find this and will chime in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

64 Visitors; 10 Posts

I was searching CSCC and saw your post about getting in. I have a couple questions if you wouldn't mind.

1. I was wondering what scores you saw that people were getting in with? I'm looking at 17 pts. I didn't see anything about an extra point for having a bachelors with the new pt system.

2. How many men have you seen in the program, and what age range?

3. What do you like/dislike?

I totally understand if you do not want to comment on the #3 or any others that may not be appropriate for being on a public forum.

Thanks! BM (applying to Spring 2019 class)

Edited by nashvilledad
editing out person responding to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

64 Visitors; 10 Posts

by nashvilledad

0

12:51 pm by nashvilledad

was searching CSCC and saw your post about applying. I have a couple questions if you wouldn't mind.

1. I was wondering what scores you saw that people were getting in with? I'm looking at 17 pts. I didn't see anything about an extra point for having a bachelors with the new pt system.

2. How many men have you seen in the program, and what age range?

3. What do you like/dislike?

I totally understand if you do not want to comment on the #3 or any others that may not be appropriate for being on a public forum.

Thanks! BM (applying to Spring 2019 class)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

650 Visitors; 9 Posts

Hi! I can answer question #1 as I was just admittied for the fall 2018 program. A new points system started for the fall so the previous poster would have had points on the old system so they wouldn't match up to be comparable with now. I had 21 points. I got a 24 on my ACT giving me 9 and A's in AP1, Micro, and General Psych giving me 12 more points. I don't beleive they give anything extra for having a previous bachelor's degree anymore.

Since I haven't actually started yet I don't know about how many men are in the program cumulative but there was a man in my A&P class that was accepted for the fall as well so that's one! LOL. As for age range, he was in his mid 40's, I'm early 40's. But based on my peers in class, the age range is broad. Kids as young as 19 to people in their 50's.

Hope that helps some. I'm happy to follow up once I get started :) Good luck to you!

Edited by tbutler5
corrected typographical error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

64 Visitors; 10 Posts

On 5/10/2018 at 8:22 AM, tbutler5 said:

Hi! I can answer question #1 as I was just admittied for the fall 2018 program. A new points system started for the fall so the previous poster would have had points on the old system so they wouldn't match up to be comparable with now. I had 21 points. I got a 24 on my ACT giving me 9 and A's in AP1, Micro, and General Psych giving me 12 more points. I don't beleive they give anything extra for having a previous bachelor's degree anymore.

Since I haven't actually started yet I don't know about how many men are in the program cumulative but there was a man in my A&P class that was accepted for the fall as well so that's one! LOL. As for age range, he was in his mid 40's, I'm early 40's. But based on my peers in class, the age range is broad. Kids as young as 19 to people in their 50's.

Hope that helps some. I'm happy to follow up once I get started 🙂 Good luck to you!

How is it going? I applied for the Fall 2019 program. I had to beef up my Gpa.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

75 Visitors; 13 Posts

I am interested in hearing what those of you who are already involved in CSCC's RN program think of it? 

I am wondering if I should apply to CSCC in the spring, or hold out for Motlow in the fall (which is a little bit closer to me).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

650 Visitors; 9 Posts

It's intense but they had a 100% NCLEX pass rate for last semesters graduating class so that's to be expected. I don't know how it compares to anywhere else though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

650 Visitors; 9 Posts

On 4/24/2019 at 9:24 AM, sarah781 said:

I am interested in hearing what those of you who are already involved in CSCC's RN program think of it? 

I am wondering if I should apply to CSCC in the spring, or hold out for Motlow in the fall (which is a little bit closer to me).

Letters for the fall went out.  Did you get in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

64 Visitors; 10 Posts

On 5/10/2018 at 8:22 AM, tbutler5 said:

Hi! I can answer question #1 as I was just admittied for the fall 2018 program. A new points system started for the fall so the previous poster would have had points on the old system so they wouldn't match up to be comparable with now. I had 21 points. I got a 24 on my ACT giving me 9 and A's in AP1, Micro, and General Psych giving me 12 more points. I don't beleive they give anything extra for having a previous bachelor's degree anymore.

Since I haven't actually started yet I don't know about how many men are in the program cumulative but there was a man in my A&P class that was accepted for the fall as well so that's one! LOL. As for age range, he was in his mid 40's, I'm early 40's. But based on my peers in class, the age range is broad. Kids as young as 19 to people in their 50's.

Hope that helps some. I'm happy to follow up once I get started 🙂 Good luck to you!

How is it going? I applied for the Fall 2019 program. I had to beef up my Gpa.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

64 Visitors; 10 Posts

I got in to the Franklin campus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

75 Visitors; 13 Posts

On 4/26/2019 at 8:20 AM, tbutler5 said:

Letters for the fall went out.  Did you get in?

I meant fall 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing 0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×