Jump to content

Collaboration agreement/moving


I live in a state that requires a 4 year collab. With an MD upon graduation.

What at if I graduated, moved to AZ where no agreement is needed, didn't like AZ, and decided to move back?

I have been thinking about moving but don't know how it would work if I decided to move back.


Specializes in Psychiatric Nursing. Has 30 years experience.

Call the BON of the state you may want to practice in. i bet they would make you do 4 years of collaboration since this is their rule for practice.

Barnstormin' PMHNP

Specializes in psychiatric. Has 4 years experience.

What state are you in that requires a 4 year agreement? Are you able to be independent after that?

zmansc, ASN, RN

Specializes in Emergency.

It would depend on your states law. My guess is you would be grandfathered in if you could show at least 4 year of experience. The specifics would be up to them to interpret.