CPR Medical Assistants

  1. Does anyone know what type of CPR a medical assistant have to take.....BLS for Healthcare Providers or Heartsaver CPR? I need to know asap if anyone knows. I googled it but didn't find any answers.
  2. Visit athomemom56 profile page

    About athomemom56

    Joined: Dec '04; Posts: 103; Likes: 8


  3. by   pixiestudent2
    I don't know but my best friend is a MA and doesn't know cpr. Her traing on it was a guy going to her school and having them sign their cpr cards. No practice no test.
  4. by   Picklefreak
    I'm sure it depends on the facility. Mine has everyone take Healthcare BLS.
  5. by   athomemom56
    Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.
  6. by   northernguy
    I would take BLS regardless, as its CPR for health care professionals, and I consider a medical assistant to be a health care professional, so I wouldnt really consider it overkill. Overkill would be ACLS.