Foreign Nurse Anesthetist!!!

  1. Hello
    I'm a IAAI Nurse Anesthetist in Italy,my question is:"can I do the nurse anesthetist in USA?"

  2. Visit icecool profile page

    About icecool

    Joined: Jan '07; Posts: 9; Likes: 4


  3. by   sunnyjohn

    I can't answer your question, but I do have question for you.

    Can you tell us more about Nurse Anes. in Italy? Is there a website?
  4. by   icecool
    UltraApps Portal Standard Edition - version 1.5 is the italian association nurse anesthetist website.

    do you have any specific questions?
  5. by   deepz
  6. by   CRNA, DNSc
    To be a CRNA you must-
    1. Hold a license as a RN in one of the states.
    2. Graduate from a nurse anesthesia educational program (in the states or Puerto Rico.
    3. Pass the Certification Examination.

    Based on those requirements you would not simply be able to come to the US and practice. If your question is can you come to an anesthesia educational program then you will need to have a license as an RN in one of the states, an appropriate baccalaureate degree, and a minimum of 1 year experience as a RN.
  7. by   jene2000
    am a third year student in nursing in milan. Would like to know where u studied to become a nurse a. in italy because i thaught it never existed here!