Jump to content

cant find the answers i am wanting...

by luckyu17 luckyu17 (New) New

i am currently in a nursing program in TX and will be graduating in may. when i graduate i am wanting to move to IL. i am wondering if anyone knows if i can take the NCLEX test in TX but just put i want to be licensed in IL or if i have to take the NCLEX test in IL. TX and IL aren't sister states so i cant do the compact license.

if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated :banghead:

Try calling the State Board in Il they should be able to help you.

avahnel, ASN, RN

Specializes in Orthopedic, Corrections. Has 5 years experience.

I asked my nursing instructor this question yesterday, and she said I would have to take the NCLEX in the state I graduate, pass the test and then contact the state board of nursing in the state I want to move to. Usually it is just a little paperwork to get your license recognized in the new state. You can also check both states BON website.

This topic is now closed to further replies.