I just graduated from my nursing school in Chicago in June this year. The followings were what I did to apply for the NCLEX-RN in CA:
- sent the application to CA BON on June 5
- sent transcript requests to all of my previous schools where I took my
prere. courses on June 5
- officially graduated from school on June 10(sat) and my nursing school sent my nursing degree transcript to CA BON on June 12(Mon)
- went to CA on June 12 to stay with my relatives till now
- did the fingerprint thing on June 13, and sent the form to the CA BON on
June 14. I was told by the agent which did the fingerprint for me that it
would take one to two weeks for the BON to get the result of the
- called the CA BON on June 13 and was told they just officially got my
- called the CA BON again on June 27 and was told my eligibility to take
the exam was issued on June 26( didn't receive any notice yet)
- registered with Pearson on June 28 and got the ATT via e-mail from
Pearson the same day( it's ok to register with them coz they could find out your eligibility with BON themselves)
- The IP/ interm permit arrived two weeks later.
- Took the NCLEX on Aug 9 in the bay area
- Found out I passed on aug 11.
BTW, u can check on the BON website if ur IP has been issued. I found my name on the board website for IP the same date that I calle dthe BON, whicg was June 28.
I hope the above info can give u an idea of the time frame, it might varies for u though. Also I heard there are less students graduating in Dec than in June, so it might be faster to get things done.But again, i'm not sure if u can get everything done by Feb12.