Quote from dienne
I'm about to finally apply to the nursing program at El Camino in Torrance after 2 years of pre-reqs............
I was wondering if anyone here is in the program. Any advice or comment on the program would be greatly appreciate it.
Hi there, just graduated this past June. The program is great. Get ready for another 2 years of intense studying. El Camino has a great passing rate on the NCLEX. Most graduates pass the 1st time, like I did:spin:. These are the things you must do or going to do to succeed IMHO:
1. Get to know Martha, the head registration person. She is the gatekeeper to everything there.
2. Join Iota Kappa Chi, the nursing club. It will help you network with everyone.
3. Get to know Marissa. She is one of the tutors there.
4. Take the test taking strategies class they offer at ECC. It really helps with taking the exams they give you.
5. Instructors I like, make sure you take these names down:
Mrs. Moon, Mrs. Ouerkerk, Dr. Orton, Mrs. Stephens, Mrs. Hellwig, Mrs. Kidwell, Mrs. White, Mrs. Gellar-White
Any more questions let me know