Anyone applying at Saddleback college?

  1. Hi I was just wondering if anyone is applying to saddleback college for spring 07. We can share our thoughts and make the waiting a little more pleasant.In my case is going to be the longest of my life !!!!

    Do you know someone allready accepted in the program or how many people actually get in with A's and also B's ? Or they really just accept straight A's?
  2. Visit veronica77 profile page

    About veronica77

    Joined: Nov '04; Posts: 62

    219 Comments

  3. by   avlis
    I'm finishing up my last semester of nursing at Saddleranch college.I didn't have straight A's when I applied, but then again now they have a new requirement and I'm not sure how it works. I do have a close friend who is applying for spring '07 and she has like 14 or 15 points out of 18 I think it is, and her counselor said she has a good chance of getting in. Good luck to you.
    Last edit by avlis on Aug 27, '06
  4. by   veronica77
    Quote from avlis
    I'm finishing up my last semester of nursing at Saddleranch college.I didn't have straight A's when I applied, but then again now they have a new requirement and I'm not sure how it works. I do have a close friend who is applying for spring '07 and she has like 14 or 15 points out of 18 I think it is, and her counselor said she has a good chance of getting in. Good luck to you.

    Thank you!!!!!! That really gives me more hope. Maybe its silly but knowing about other people gives me a better idea what my chances are.
  5. by   kelisehunter
    Hey Veronica-
    Im applying to Saddleback Spring '06 semester too. I have 14 points out of 18. Im unsure of my chances but im just hopin' for the best. Are you going to put your application in on Sept. 1, the first day we can apply or will you wait a little bit? Ill be there the first day, so maybe ill see you there. Anyways good luck to you!
  6. by   veronica77
    Quote from kelisehunter
    Hey Veronica-
    Im applying to Saddleback Spring '06 semester too. I have 14 points out of 18. Im unsure of my chances but im just hopin' for the best. Are you going to put your application in on Sept. 1, the first day we can apply or will you wait a little bit? Ill be there the first day, so maybe ill see you there. Anyways good luck to you!

    Hi kelly good luck and I'll be there on friday morning. There is no reason to wait if you have everything, anyway they won't be reviewing the applications until after the deadline. For what I heard we have a good chance , we just have to keep the faith and will see.

    If we are there at the same time I'll be wearing a red shirt, hope we can meet !!!
  7. by   veronica77
    Hi Kelly remember me? I just wanted to ask you if you have any news, did you get your letter yet? I heard in other programs they send the letters right away. I don't have anything yet, we still expect news in one more week I just wanted to ....maybe release some stress with you this waiting is driving me nutsssssss!!!!!! Any way best wishes for both of us, let me know when you know something.
  8. by   kelisehunter
    I haven't recieved anything from any of the four schools that I appled to including Saddleback. Ill let you know when I do, though.
  9. by   wildemel
    Quote from veronica77
    Hi I was just wondering if anyone is applying to saddleback college for spring 07. We can share our thoughts and make the waiting a little more pleasant.In my case is going to be the longest of my life !!!!

    Do you know someone allready accepted in the program or how many people actually get in with A's and also B's ? Or they really just accept straight A's?
    I know this is a very old thread...but I just wanted to know what happened with all you Saddleback hopefuls. I will be applying in February 2010 for the Fall 2010 semester. I will end up with 15 or 16 points (I have 1 B in my prereqs). I was curious if you guys ended up applying several times and what you know about who they let in on points. I called and they told me that the 75% they let in based on academics, have points of 16-18!!! I was surprised that is was so high! Having ONE B really messes up things! Let me know what ended up happening and what you know about the program...thank you so much.
  10. by   Malefocker
    Wildemel

    Hey I just wanted to get in touch with you I am planning on applying to Saddleback for fall 2010. I have one B in my pre-reqs as well. I guess I will have 15 points. I have a 3.9 GPA. Anyway I read a lot of about Saddleback and it seems like they have a very good program and it is very competitive. Was wondering what you heard. And if you heard anything about the chances of getting in if you have 15 points? Thanks
  11. by   wildemel
    We have exactly the same grades and gpa! When I called I was told that typically people with 16-18 points "get right in" ...so if you so much as have one B, then you're kinda screwed. She also said that "it varies" every semester based on the pool of applications they receive. Sometimes they have people with really great grades (16-18 pts) and she said that sometimes they let in people "with as little as 14 points" (as if 14 points is low??...someone with 14pts could have 2 A's and 1 B in the prereqs and have a 3.0-3.5 gpa). Anyhow, 75% of the 60ish people they let in are based on academics/point system and the other 25% is lottery...meaning that someone with straight C's could get in via lottery while you or I just barely missed the academic cut-off and dont get in I had asked a few people on here with comparable grades to my own, who had applied, whether or not they ended up getting in...never heard back from them though..I'd still be interested to know if anyone is still on this thread.
  12. by   Malefocker
    Quote from wildemel
    We have exactly the same grades and gpa! When I called I was told that typically people with 16-18 points "get right in" ...so if you so much as have one B, then you're kinda screwed. She also said that "it varies" every semester based on the pool of applications they receive. Sometimes they have people with really great grades (16-18 pts) and she said that sometimes they let in people "with as little as 14 points" (as if 14 points is low??...someone with 14pts could have 2 A's and 1 B in the prereqs and have a 3.0-3.5 gpa). Anyhow, 75% of the 60ish people they let in are based on academics/point system and the other 25% is lottery...meaning that someone with straight C's could get in via lottery while you or I just barely missed the academic cut-off and dont get in I had asked a few people on here with comparable grades to my own, who had applied, whether or not they ended up getting in...never heard back from them though..I'd still be interested to know if anyone is still on this thread.
    Yeah I asked the same question. I guess at this point there is nothing we can do except apply and see what happens. I feel that I have a good chance but like you said it seems that it kind of luck more than anything else. I also have taken Psy 7, Speech, Lifespan development classes that are general core classes so hopefully that helps. Anyway I will keep you updated once I apply and what I hear. Thanks for responding to the thread. Goodluck!
  13. by   KRomney
    Hey!

    I am also applying for Fall 2010 and I spoke with a counselor today. She said if you don't have 15 points then you automatically get put into the lottery. I have 1 B as well in my pre-reqs but I only have a 3.7 GPA, so you guys have me there! Anyways, I had heard from one of the nursing teachers last fall that 15 of the students that got in had 4.0's and the rest didn't, so I guess there is a little chance not everyone applying will have a 4.0. Such a drag that we have so many classes behind us that could help our GPA's and they only take 3 of them . Also, she did tell me today that if you are planning to apply in June the admission process is going to be completely different. You get points for a BA (mine is in Psychology), points for an AA, hospital experience, proficiency in another language, disabilities, other classes that you have taken that are part of the required nursing schedule and a few other things. So that puts a big change on things. Anyways, good luck to you both, it seems like you guys have a good shot!
  14. by   meri07
    hello there, I also applied for their Fall 10 rn program.. I just want to ask what are my chances to get in? I have a 4.0 on my bio and 4.0 on my last semester gpa. However, my over-all college gpa is 3.5,and that is because of my previous classes that i had C's on..

close