Jump to content
2019 Nursing Salary Survey Read more... ×

CA RN license help

California   (416 Views 2 Comments)
by jdj147 jdj147 (New Member) New Member

76 Visitors; 3 Posts


So I am really hoping to move to CA from WI after graduation once I can find a job. I have heard from several people that it is easier and less time to apply directly for a CA license than it is to have a WI transferred. So I already paid the $400 for the application to the CA BON. They are set to review my application in a few weeks--by then my school will hopefully have everything sent.

I am still worried that this process will take a few more months based on what I am hearing, and I would hate to have this all be for nothing--such as having issues getting the licensure. If I get the WI license, I would have to pay an additional $100 and then $400 to have it transferred to CA.

Should I just be patient and trust the CA process?? I submitted in early Sept. Or should I try for WI and transfer??

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rebekulous has 5 years experience.

3 Likes; 1,560 Visitors; 55 Posts

The requirements for getting your license are the same whether you're a new grad, or getting a CA endorsement. I would just wait...getting your WI license won't make CA move any faster.

The only reason I would get the WI license is if you are thinking about staying there, in which case having that license would make sense.

Patience, and good luck!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites