2018 Summer Nursing Article Contest - Win $150
It's hard to believe that we just celebrated July 4th! It's time for the Summer Article Contest. Many across the country have been experiencing record heat. While you are trying to keep cool whether it's in the pool, sipping a glass of your favorite summertime beverage, or staying inside with the AC, don't let those lazy days of summer slow your brain down. While you are vacationing, warm up your creativity and get ready to submit articles...
Articles must be submitted July 1st - September 30th
$600 in cash prizes! $150 each for the top 4 articles
For this contest you can write about anything nursing related; the articles may be written in a conversational voice if you desire.[B][B]
Who can enter?
This contest is open to all. You don't have to be an experienced writer. You don't even have to be a nurse with years of experience. We love articles from newbie nurses and students. If you've thought about sharing your nursing experiences or tips, this is a great time to do just that. And...you might even win some extra spending money in the process.
Do you need some inspiration?
Here are the winning articles from the Winter contest to give you some inspiration and ideas :
Five Nurses on a Dark Mountain Road Doing What Nurses Do
Knaves, Fools, and the Pitfalls of Micromanagement
Retired nurses, our country needs us
TIP #1: Articles written on a personal level that answer a frequently asked question are popular with our readers.TIP #2: Articles that promote engagement and are personal (personal to you; personal to reader), usually have the most replies.TIP #3: The more descriptive the article is the better the response from the community.TIP #4: Articles written by members who provide helpful feedback on other topics/articles usually have the most replies and shares.
Here are some suggestions:
- Provide How-to on specific nursing tasks. (good for newbies)
- Share study tips or how to conquer the challenges of nursing school
- How did you make it through orientation and the first challenging year of your first job?
- Share your most chaotic unforgettable day (no real names please)
- Share your most gut-wrenching moment with a patient (no real names please)
- What was the funniest thing you have seen (rated G)?
- Share an inspiring nursing story
- Provide insights/challenges for the typical xyz nurse
- Nursing and Humor
- Must comply with our contest rules and Terms of Service.
- Must have a minimum of 600 words and be nursing-related...
- Must be submitted between July 1st - September 30th.
- No plagiarism
- Check , punctuation, .
- Use only black font
- Articles will be reviewed and approved by staff for consideration before displaying publicly.
- Must be unique; cannot be listed on other websites, blogs, article sites etc. prior to posting on allnurses.
- You may submit multiple articles.
- You grant permission to allnurses.com rights to publish in magazines, books, etc. You will be notified and credited if published.
For more details read How to Submit an Article
Stay Cool, Start Writing, & GOOD LUCK!!!!!
4 winners - Total Cash Value of $600! $150 Each!
About tnbutterfly, BSN, RN Admin
Joined: Jun '06; Posts: 25,357; Likes: 18,474
allnurses Content/Community Director; from US
Specialty: Peds, Med-Surg, Disaster Nsg, Parish NsgJul 18Occupation: MedLeg Consul/Educator/WHNP-FNP Specialty: 35 year(s) of experience in Education, FP, LNC, Forensics, ED, OB ; From: US ; Joined: Jun '05; Posts: 108,740; Likes: 28,292Good luck everyone!