Filing taxes as Agency RN

  1. How do you file your federal taxes as an agency RN? Are we considered independent contractors. I remember getting at 1099 form. Is that filed on a 1040 Tax form?

    Please share your experience. Thanks in advance.
  2. Visit mrsmrsa profile page

    About mrsmrsa

    Joined: Dec '07; Posts: 6


  3. by   caliotter3
    Please consult a tax advisor or get publication 17 from the IRS and read up on it. You can also call the IRS directly and get the answer to your question. I believe that agency nurses file their 1040's just like anyone else. You just take the info from the 1099 and place it where you would place the info from a W2. I had a pamphlet from the IRS one time that explained the difference between an independent contractor and an employee, and as far as I understood it, if you work for an agency you really are just considered an employee of the agency. But please consult an expert to get the correct advice. I am conjecturing here.
  4. by   Diary/Dairy
    My agency submitted a W2 for me.....
  5. by   joprasklpn
    You should get a w-2 since you are not self employed. I always get one. Ask your agency. They should know.