1. Emory University's Wound, Ostomy and Continence Education Program. Really liked it, learned a lot.
2. I'm not sure of the demand, since I got my first job by "being in the right place at the right time", and have not looked for another.
3. I was a floor nurse at my hospital, signed up for the Emory program independently (and paid for it myself). One of the wound care nurses at the hospital was trying to retire, and found out that I was enrolled. She encouraged me to interview for a newly posted position, and I got the job.
4. I love the job because of the variety. I round on inpatients in the hospital, give inservice training, am starting to work in our new outpatient clinic, do some quality stuff.
5. I really don't know much about salaries of other wound care nurses.
6. I love it, would definitely do it again.
7. Shadow a wound care nurse. If you like it, DO IT.