help about venous leg ulcers and laplaces lawRegister Today!
- by babes690 Oct 6, '05i am a nursing student with an assignment to write about venous leg ulcers and laplaces law for compression bandaging i would appreciate any helpwith this
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=123689©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,526 Views
- Oct 6, '05 by sirIQuote from babes690Hello and Welcome, babes690,i am a nursing student with an assignment to write about venous leg ulcers and laplaces law for compression bandaging i would appreciate any helpwith this
Try this link and good luck with your assignment.
- Dec 17, '08 by storemanQuote from babes690HI, i have a daughter of 25 who has developed leg ulcers, she has been under a specialist , has had ultra violet treatment all to no good.i am a nursing student with an assignment to write about venous leg ulcers and laplaces law for compression bandaging i would appreciate any helpwith this
Only this week she has developed another ulcer below her knee,my wife and i have read up on the internet that 'MALUKA HONEY' has very good healing properties.
I have just purchased a 250ml jar (umf 30+) of this honey and my daughter has just begun using this as yesterday, i am going to keep some kind of a diary for references.
I can see from your letter that you are a student nurse and that you would like any information on ulcers, i too would like to know a little bit more on how myself and my wife can help her.
If you can offer me any advice on what dressings to use etc i would be most grateful, at the moment she is using waterproof dressings.If you would like me to keep you informed if the honey does work,please feel free to ask. regards, storeman
- Jan 29, '09 by RNRutROStoreman-
I am interested in how the MALUKA HONEY is working?
Has your dtr had HBO treatments?
Please update me.
- Jan 29, '09 by RNRutROStoreman-
Don't think the last message went through. How's the MALUKA HONEY working? Can you give us an update?
Has your dtr tried HBO treatments?
Hope her wounds are looking better. I just took a class and we learned that the wound should be 50% better in 30 days....Or you need to change what you are doing.
- Jan 29, '09 by storemanHi, thank you for replying back to my letter, my daughter is getting along jus fine,just a week before xmas she couldn't walk or even stand up,she just had her leg elevated on a foot stool.
She placed a small amount of the honey to the wound and surrounding area at least twice a day,we began to see the difference within days,the rawness and swelling began to disappear and on xmas day she was well enough to play with the children, and enjoy her xmas like anybody else.
The ulcer cleared but has left slight scarring,maybe if i knew about the maluka honey before her leg got too bad it may have healed quicker with no scarring.
The only side effect that she had was a reaction to the honey, as she came out in an itchy rash all over her body and on her scalp.
My wife and i told her not to use any more of the honey until the rash disappeared,she hasn't had to use any more of the honey since xmas,which is good,she has lately been to a clinic,but the doctor she saw hadn't much idea on the treating of ulcers,more so that she is of a young age,he didn't believe in the use of MALUKA HONEY,as with her own G.P, but at the end of the day nothing else worked.
At the moment she is back to normal,no ulcer and no dressings,we just hope there will be no more,but i can honestly say that without trying maluka honey i dont know what we would have done,thats why the internet is a brilliant source for information.
Hope this may be helpfull to you,and if you would like any updates i would be very pleased to help you.
kind regards, storeman.
- Jan 29, '09 by storemanP.S i forgot to ask, what are HBO treatments ? storeman
- Nov 9, '09 by swterryHow did the honey work?