RN with DOH and MOH license in Dubai, UAE - page 10
Hello to all nurses... dis is just helpful info 4 those hu r planning to go to Dubai..Please b4 u plan make sure u have the ff qualifications: prc license 2 yrs exp attested cert(school credentials) u must have these 3... Read More
- 0Jun 19, '10 by novembermayhi the moment i read your posts you are the most qualified person to advise me or rather i should say to all who needs help here.im begging you i know you got all the license Moh and DOh.im planning to schedule and take the DOH exam can you give me a hint what kind of book to read and what kind of questions are being asked to the examinee?the exam is quite expensive im afraid to fail.please your advise is so important to me.
- 0Jun 22, '10 by novembermaymy friend dont have any idea too.i just heard that only 3 questions they are asking by the panel.if i were you try to read what ever book you have.since you are going to take this month would you mind to give me a hint when you finished on it since im going to DOH this week and have my sked.thanx!!
- 6Jul 26, '10 by Reilhi it is really 1000 hours...? or pls read this n applying for any of the following licenses for nursing practice in uae, one should strictly follow the procedure implemented by the three agencies. some hospitals do require only one of these, so you should choose which among the three should be your top priority. if you intend to test your luck by going there without any employers, the need of processing the following documents should be done:
1) prc license and certificate
as long as you pass the philippine nle, there is not much of a problem. all you need to do is after you get your license and board certificate, have it authenticated at professional regulations commission (prc), whichever branch you get your license. you need to photocopy each document, get it metered at the documentary stamp window for 21php each document (near the gate of prc if in manila, i just don't know in other provinces) and give it to authentication window (1st floor main bldg - the place where you get your license and board certificate). you need to pay 75php for each document at the cashier and give it back to the authentication window wherein you can get your claim stub for dfa. you will wait for 2 weeks and you can claim the two documents for 100php each "red ribbon" (dfa authentication)
2) transcript of records (tor) and diploma from your college of nursing
have your diploma and tor photocopied and give it to your registrar of your nursing school. you need to pay necessary amount for the processing of your documents. you will get a stub for claims at dfa or you will go to commission of higher education (ched) and have it authenticated.
i just don't know with other colleges/universities if they automatically submit the copies of top and diploma directly to ched. if you will get it from ched, you have to bring it to dfa and have it authenticated. you need to come as early as you can (like 6-7am) to be first in line (since it opens at around 8am), you may either get a stub or pick it up right away. (remember, 100php for each document authenticated)
3) higher seconday certificate (highschool diploma)
if your diploma is written in filipino, have it transcribed through your highschool registrar and pay the necessary fees. it is also advisable for you to get your highschool f-137 (tor) because it is required for dep ed authentication. you also need to have at least three certified true copies of every highschool documents, have it drysealed and labeled as certified true copy at your highschool registrar. after getting your highschool credentials, go to your respective department of education (dep ed) division office and have the certificate (if from qc, the division office is at san francisco high school, just at the back of sm north edsa annex bldg.) you need to pass the following to the dep ed division office: hs tor and diploma. please bring the original copies. the certification is for free. after getting the certification, go to your dep ed regional office (if from ncr, the office is located at the back of sm north edsa main bldg,) you need to bring the remaining two pairs of the certified copies of highschool documents, and the originals (note: don't give the original copies to them). in addition, you need to give two copies of certification from the dep ed division office. you need to have 2 pieces of colored passport size pictures, in formal attire, and in white background. you also need to pay some amount for the documentary stamp. afterwhich you may proceed to dfa and have it authenticated.
4) copy of the experience certificates from previous employers
i had my employment certificate notarized and certified at the local regional trial court (rtc) where i once worked in the same city, and have it authenticated at dfa (also needs multiple copies for the local attorney and rtc)
5) have your nursing tor and diploma attested at the uae embassy.
you can send the two documents at any www express outlet and you need to pay approximately 2,200php for each document (4,400php for the two) or, you can go to their embassy, pay approximately 1,800php for each document and have your energy drained.
please don't forget to get your own passport
there are three licenses for uae, but it is really optional to get all of them.
1) ministry of health (moh) - standard license for uae
2) department of health (doh) - mainly required for dubai
3) health authority - abu dhabi (haad) - abu dhabi licensing
***doh and haad should be taken if you have enough hospital experience (usually not less than 2 years). exempted to the rule for doh are newly nursing graduates - no more than 3 years***
the requirements for each licensure is almost the same, but differs in the number of working hours and exemptions. usually, your future employers will be the ones to help you get your license. the government agencies really needed the employers to be a part of the licensing maybe beacuse to avoid overcrowding of nurse, just like in the philippines. you may want to read their respective websites about some of the exemptions to unexperienced newly grads, or finishing your masters degree in nursing will exempt you from taking the nursing examination.
i got the copy of the following requirements for application in the three examinations:
1. fill medical facility inspection from in case of additional specialty
2. fill application form (health professionals licensure form) by the facility, and application for licensure by the candidate.
3. copies of qualifications attested by uae embassy
4. recent good standing certificate from the medical council.
5. copies of experience certificates
6. list of surgeries performed by the candidate (for surgeon doctors only)
7. passport copy
8. one color photograph
9. application & assessment fee
10. license fee
*** exemption is applicable to those who finished masteral degree in nursing ***
1) academic achievement: all expatriate applicants who graduated from foreign nursing programs must have graduated with a minimal attainment of sixty percent (60%) of total marks.applicant should have at least a three (3) year diploma in nursing with a minimal attainment of sixty percent (60%) of total marks and after a twelve (12) years secondary school education.
2) nursing experience: all expatriate applicants must have had at least one thousand (1000) hours experience within the three (3) years prior to applying for registration in the uae.
3) the originals or certified copies of each of the following:
a. passport including a valid uae residence visa or other proof of legal stay in the uae.
b. statutory evidence of any name change (marriage license, other legal document).
c. school leaving certificate (highest level attained before entry to nursing or midwifery education).
d. nursing or midwifery education certificate / diploma / degree- (length of education and academic achievement must be verified by means of official transcript if not clearly specified on certificate / diploma / degree).
e. nursing/midwifery licensure or registration showing current validity
required documents attached to the application form are as followw:
1.copy of the degree/diploma/certificate course and should be submitted in either arabic or english language (attested from the uae embassy).
2.copy of the nursing registration certificate issued by the nursing board/council from the country of origin.
3.copy of higher secondary/ secondary certificate or its equivalent or pre-nursing educational certificate.
4.transcript of your nursing education.
5.copy of the experience certificates from previous employers.
7.one colored photograph.
8.application and assessment fees.
to apply for licensure as a ‘nurse/midwife’ to work in the private sector in the emirate of abu dhabi you are required to demonstrate the following:
1) you have successfully completed ‘secondary school’ and have been awarded a highschool certificate.
2) you have successfully completed a minimum qualification of: registered nurse (rn): not less than three years of nursing education. (holders of program comprising 2 years nursing plus 1 year midwifery qualify as practical nurse)
3) transcript of professional training – must include theory and clinical hours
4) practicing professional license – valid and current from home country
5) a certificate of ‘good standing’/ registration or license from each country where you have been employed. if you worked in a country and for a government facility where you practiced on your ‘home license’ (e.g. saudi arabia) please ensure to submit certificate of employment in place of certificate of ‘good standing’
6) relevant experience to the position:
o experience attached must cover the minimum requirements of the pqr *
o official certificate of service (cos) from an authorized person at health facility (must be from human resources / medical director)
o cos must specify the position held and areas of practice.
o cos must specify the employment period/duration
o all cos must be clear and readable.
o date from (dd/mm/yyyy ) to (dd/mm/yyyy).
o experience must be in a substantive post (volunteer work and training is not acceptable)
7) uae moh evaluation/licensure if applicable
8) you have gained relevant experience as follows: a registered nurse for a minimum of two years fulltime in an acute care facility with at least one year in basic medical and surgical nursing.
note: please try to browse for their websites for additional information. you can use your search engine and key-in moh uae, doh uae or haad. hope this mini info helps. if i miss something vital, please mention it through the reply box. thank you.